Thread: Applications not updating in Motorola Droid

Applications not updating in Motorola Droid

I have a strange problem with the Motorola Droid phone that I am having. Well the problem is with the applications. The thing is that when I want to update the applications then I cannot do that, also one more thing that I would like to notify you is that the applications do not even get installed once it is uninstalled. So that’s the problem can you please tell me. What should be the solution for the problem? Can you all please tell me. I need an urgent solution for the problem please do specify here.

Re: Applications not updating in Motorola Droid

Seems to me as a some kind of problem with the SD card, so the exact solution for the problem would be to have a look at the sd card. So what you have to do is unmount and format the SD card. Do remember to keep a back up with the system and then after formatting it coy all the files in the sd card back again. That’s what I am saying here. I think this is the possible solution for the problem that I have given here and hence that’s what the perfect solution for the problem. Do let me know if that works out for you.

Can you find the .android_secure folder in the sd card. If you can find it then just try deleting it. can’t give you the assurity of the solution of the problem but still I think that’s the possible solution for the problem. That’s what I want to say here, do give your best shot here and let me know if that works out.

I am giving you some simple steps for you and here are the steps that I am giving you here. Do follow it and let me know if that works out
    1) First go to the settings then applications and manage applications.
    2) In that select all and then market.
    3) Now force stop it and then clear the cache, now again go to the applications and then open them and then start updating them.
    That’s the solution for the problem do give a try for the same.

Well I did try clearing the cache and sorry to say that did not solve the problem for me. see because of that I am not getting any updates for the Angry birds seasons as well as for the Shorty, Stumble upon, that’s what the problem is. However I will try with the sd card method, so that’s what I am saying here. Also if you have got some simple solutions for the problem then do let me know about it as soon as possible.

I think so in this situation it is better to have a chat with the Verizon people about the particular situation. Well they will definitely get you some inputs on that since they are the one who might be having a good knowledge about it. so definitely worth giving a try for the same. I don’t think so anyone here have gone through this and had a chat with the concerned people about the problem, they will give you the desired solutions for you. so go ahead and have a chat and let us know if there was any way out of this problem.

Ok thanks for that and appreciate the efforts that you have put up over here to solve the issue. Anyways nothing of them have not worked for me that's a different thing here. Still i want to say that if there is any solution left for the problem then please do notify em about the same. I will be very happy to listen to you all. Why in the end i do have to talk with the verizon people about the particular problem, is the problem so serious that there is no solution for the problem. Do let me if you have any other solution for the same.