Thread: What is the use of the External Antenna Extension in Motorola Droid 2 R2D2?

What is the use of the External Antenna Extension in Motorola Droid 2 R2D2?

A few days back I just decided to open up the phone and just see what is there in the phone, so on having a look at the back of the phone. I found out a port on the back of the Droid 2 I was just wondering as if what is the use of that port? Can you all please tell me about it? since I am not having any idea about the same. so please do reply since I am a bit confused on that, if I get to know the answer then I can make some changes in it. so that’s why do answer it out I am waiting for the answer from you all. do reply accordingly.

Re: What is the use of the External Antenna Extension in Motorola Droid 2 R2D2?

I think you are talking about the small port just above the battery of the phone right? Ok if that si the case then let me inform you all that it is the small test connector. I hope I have understood the correct thing, since you have not mentioned the proper description of the correct port of the phone. so that’s why I am a bit confused about it. Anyways I hope that the answer that I have given here is most accurate according to me.

Yes the small point above the battery of the phone that is what I was talking about. Ok so is that the wifi testing point? Ok if that is the test connector I wonder what will it be testing there? Can you all please specify on these. I am waiting to hear it from you. so do reply accordingly on the same. I am waiting as if what can be the use of it, please do reply accordingly on the same. I am waiting for the suggestion from you all. so do reply pk I am waiting.

No it is not the proper information that has been given to you in the first post. Well let me inform you all that the small port that you found out is used for cellular network. While the one that is used for the wifi mapping is the one that is found out below just near the google logo so that’s what I am sayin here. So hope you have got the appropriate information on the same. so that’s it from my side for you. hope you have enjoyed it.

Well the wifi mapping is used to measure some of the important data such as the wifi speed and also the one that I am saying here is that with the connector they will be able to give an important information on the speed as well as the available network, so that’s what iam trying to explain it you. this is the information that I have got for you do read it carefully.

Thanks a lot for all the information that you have given here, your suggestions did really give a lot of information on the same, so thanks a ton for the same. appreciate your efforts for the same over here. Your information were quite helpful for me and it gave me a lot of information on that. I appreciate that you guys do a lot of research before answering these type of questions over here and hence that's what i like here about you all. so thanks a lot guys for the update here.