Thread: Why did Verizon jump the gun by announcing Droid 2 Global Gingerbread update?

Why did Verizon jump the gun by announcing Droid 2 Global Gingerbread update?

The title says it all. I mean what was the necessity for the Verizon people to claim these thing in the website, when it is not there then also they have put this update in tier website. The strange part is that they have not yet thought of removing this information from the website, so that’s what I want to say here. I am sure that Verizon people would come up with some kind of answer over this matter and hoping to get a solution for this as soon as possible. So that’s what I want to know it from you all. anyways if you all would like to comment on this and suggest something then please do answer out your opinions over here. Lets have a good discussion over here.

Re: Why did Verizon jump the gun by announcing Droid 2 Global Gingerbread update?

That seems to be a kind of frustration that they are going through in this phase and hence they were forced to publish this statement in the website about this. so a bad example set by them over here which I don’t think so will benefit them a lot. So that’s what I want to say over here, as far as the gingerbread update is concerned. I think the update will be out in the next month. So those who all are waiting for the update will have to wait for one more month.

Re: Why did Verizon jump the gun by announcing Droid 2 Global Gingerbread update?

Yes I think the manufactures have put up a twitter post and have said that to check out the gingerbread update. This is really embarrassing specially at this point of time when the other service providers are coming up with the gingerbread update.

Are you sure that they have published about the gingerbread update? I think so it will be the step to update the gingerbread in your phone. So that is what I think would be and not the published information about the gingerbread update coming to your phones. so probably a misleading information that you all have read and probably that is what have made you all to come here and start the thread. I would advise you all to first check properly about the concerned information and then do post it over here. Better do not try to mislead people with such kind of information. So better check out for the same and do get back over here.

The same question that I would like to ask it with you is that have you gone and saw the Verizon website or have you checked the twitter updates from them? if not then better check the twitter updates posted by the @VZWSupport. You will get the necessary updates from there itself. also we are not trying to mislead people and we are trying to give the most appropriate information that we have over here. Nothing much to say better check out the website or the twitter post and then come back to me.

Yes you were correct. Sorry for the mistake from my side. Actually I thought that you might have not read It properly and hence made the unnecessary post over here, so sorry for that and now I have checked their twitter update it now says that the update is coming but don’t know when.