Thread: Unable to calibrate the compass in Motorola Droid 2 Global

Unable to calibrate the compass in Motorola Droid 2 Global

I think so after having read the title properly, you all must have got a hint of the problem that I am facing right now. So that’s why I need your help on that, so please do suggest me something on that so that I can get a solution for the same. the problem is that I am not able to compress the compass f the phone, it never comes to green, I have seen facing it to red but it has never come up to green, so that’s what the problem is. Due to which my Google Sky Maps is not displaying the accurate results, so that’s what bothering me. rest all of them are working absolutely fine. I do not have any issue with it, well I tried searching in the internet for the similar solutions but nothing worked out for me, so that is the reason why I have come here seeking some help from you all. So do reply to me, I am waiting.

Re: Unable to calibrate the compass in Motorola Droid 2 Global

Calibrating the compass is the nice method that you have suggested here, however there has been several instances where there was really no problem with the Sky Maps, Maps or Navigation. That’s what I am saying here also, so what I want to say here is that have you tried clearing the data and also the cache? Do try it and let me know if the problem does gets solved or not? So that is what I want to ask here? Do let me know if the suggestions works for you.

Ok thanks a lot for all the suggestion that you have given over here, so that’s what I am asking here. Please do throw some input over here as if how to do that? Since I have no idea of the same. I have tried looking on the manual about the said solution but sadly could not find anything about it. so please do tell me how to do that, I will follow your instructions accordingly.

Ok here are some simple steps that you need to follow over here that will help you a bit over here,
    1) First go to the menu and then select settings and next applications.
    2) Now go to the manage applications option, now select all.
    3) Now go down and get to the Google Sky Map.
    4) Tap on it and clear data as well as the cache in it.
    That’s what the perfect solution for you, so work on it accordingly and let me know if you have got the perfect solutions for the same.

Thanks for the solution that you have given here and appreciate that you ahve given me a good knowledge in the subject. Well let me inform you all that with the clearing of the data and the cache the sky map is absolutely working fine but the problem is that i still cannot calibrate the compass?

Well let me tell you that you cannot do anything about it. so that’s the sideline, still one suggestion that I would like to give you is that have a chat with the manufacturers or the Verizon people about the particular issue and may be they will help you in solving out the issue for you, so that is what seems to me as a perfect solution for you, no matter it can also be said as the last option for you, so better give a try for the same and let me know if you have succeeded in getting solution for the problem.