Thread: Getting Driver power state failure error in alienware m17x r3

Getting Driver power state failure error in alienware m17x r3

HI guys I am using alienware m17x r3 laptop in which I have recently installed windows 7. Before that I was using windows vista in my laptop. After installing the windows 7 in my laptop I am getting one annoying problem in my laptop. My laptop crashes randomly with Driver power state failure this message. Please tell me what I should do to fix this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Getting Driver power state failure error in alienware m17x r3

I have gone through your issue and as far as I know this kind of problem occur when any drivers do not handle power state transition requests properly. You have to first check that whether you have installed all the drivers properly in your laptop or not. if you found any drivers which is wrongly installed then you have to reinstall that driver and after that check whether same problem is coming or not.

There might be something wrong with your drivers and I think you can fix this problem by reinstalling all the drivers in your laptop. First visit the official website of your laptop and after that download all the updated driver for your laptop and you have to also make sure that the driver which you are downloading is compatible with your laptop. Now after doing that install it in your laptop and then your problem will get solved surly. If you want to know anything more about this then please let me know.

Did you try to solve this problem by repairing your operating system? If you have not tried this solution then I think you should first insert the windows installation CD in your alienware m17x r3 laptop and after that restart the laptop and then you have to select the repair windows option and after that it will not repair your operating system. I think after doing that it will solve most of the issues in your laptop. I hope this trick might fix your issue.

The best way to solve this problem is to check your laptop by reinstalling the drivers one by one so you can identify the exact problem in your laptop. just remove the drivers one by one like sound driver, graphic driver, LAN driver and others which you normally use in your laptop. by doing this trick you will come to know about which driver is causing the problem and after that you have to find the updated driver for that and after doing that your problem might get solved.

I have tried to fix this issue by reinstalling all the drivers in my laptop but after that also I was getting the same problem with my laptop. Now after that I have also tried updated driver with my laptop but that didn’t make any difference for me. When I have repaired my windows 7 after that problem was not coming but when I restart the laptop again from that time same problem stared again. Is there any more way to fix this issue then please help me.

I think you need check whether you have installed the drivers properly in your laptop of any external device like printer, router or anything. If you are using any external device then try to solve the problem by reinstalling the drivers of that device and after that check your problem gets solved or not. I think this solution will help you to fix this problem. if you want any more help then let me know.