Thread: How to protect Android phone from virus?

How to protect Android phone from virus?

Hi I recently brought a new android based phone i.e. Samsung Galaxy S, as I am totally new to android world I wanted to know some information regarding android phones. Yesterday I had downloaded some data from internet and also took some files from friend’s cell phone, since than my phone has become quite slow as compared to before. I wonder is this could be a virus? How to protect my phone from viruses?

Re: How to protect Android phone from virus?

Can you please tell me what data you had downloaded from the internet and what data you had taken from your friend’s cell phone? As there are possibilities that your phone might have affected by a virus, as downloading from unknown or un-trustable site that can cause virus to your cell phone, so be aware while downloading from any unofficial site.

Thanks for your quick reply I appreciate it, I would like to tell you that I had downloaded some of the musical files and I had also taken some images from my friends cell phone, only than my cell phone got slower than before. The site from where I had downloaded the music files was the same site through which I used to download earlier and I never had a problem with it. Is there any antivirus for android phone?

It seems that your cell phone has infected with virus that is causing your cell phone running slow, I would like to suggest you to kindly scan your cell phone with a antivirus connecting to your computer as you don’t have a antivirus on your cell phone. A scan will help you in a better way as it would detect any virus if your cell phone is infected.