Thread: Does Android 2.2 Froyo support voice dialing?

Does Android 2.2 Froyo support voice dialing?

Hey guys, I am using a Samsung Phone which is running Android 2.1 Eclair in it. Recently I have come across the news that now it is possible to upgrade the Eclair installed in my Phone to the newer version of Android 2.2 Froyo. But I wanted to know whether there is any facility of voice Dialing in Froyo as I was not able to perform the same on the earlier Android 2.1 (Eclair). Does Froyo have this feature? Anyone using Froyo, please help me. Thank you in advance.

Re: Does Android 2.2 Froyo support voice dialing?

I feel very sorry to bring this bad and disappointing news to you. No, Android 2.2 Froyo doesn’t support the voice dial feature which is available in other mobile phones or Operating System like the in Blackberry mobile phones. This has been a real disappointment from last so many years now. Although the Android made lots of buzz around the world, it is still depleting behind many other leading mobile brands. The only thing which you can do at the moment is wait for some new updates which will be having the following feature.

Thank you for the reply. Seriously I also feel that it is a mere depressing to lack such an important feature. I can’t understand how Android makers could neglect this amazing feature from their operating System. Anyways to be specific I just wanted to have some kind of ability in my mobile by which I could make voice dial while I am connected to the Bluetooth device. Like if I say “call home”, then my mobile should dial my Home’s phone number, something like that. Hope to see the feature in the near future.

The Bluetooth voice dialing feature is available in the Android 2.2.1 Operating system and not the Android 2.2. So, in this case, what you have to do is, first confirm whether it is possible to install Froyo 2.2.1in your current mobile phone which is running Android 2.1 Éclair OS in it. You can get this information from the official website of your manufacturer’s website. You will be getting the necessary information regarding any kind of update on the official website of your mobile’s manufacture.

Hey guys, I am not sure but it is very much possible to do the voice dialing from your mobile phone which is running the Android 2.2 Froyo in its system. It might be requiring some extra software or application. The Froyo phone have got the ability to perform voice dialing using the Bluetooth device but it depends a lot on the Bluetooth device which you are using to perform the task. SO, you should make sure that the BT device is compatible with your Froyo mobile.

According to me there might be many apps available on the android market which might help you efficiently to perform Voice Dialing from your mobile phone which is running Android 2.2 Froyo in it. You can search for the Android Market on Internet and visit the official website Android Market and look upon for the necessary apps which would solve your issue. The apps can be paid or Free depending upon the kind of facility which you are getting by using the app. You can also search for Samsung Apps from the Samsung App Store as you are using Samsung mobile.

As you have mentioned that you are using Samsung mobile phone which has got Android 2.2 Froyo installed in it. I will recommend you to use an application called as Vlingo Tap and speak in the Samsung Apps Store. It is a very good app available for the Samsung users. It communicates with the user in a very friendly manner. If you say “Hey Vlingo” then the app will reply back as “Whats up, what do you want to do?” You can send SMS and call anyone efficiently by using the following Samsung Apps in your mobile phone. And the biggest advantage is that the following app is complete free.

You can use the Vlingo app in following ways:
    • Click on the app and then press the TAP AND SPEAK option.
    • Once you have done this, just speak to your phone and you are done with process.
    • Call XXXX Mobile and the mobile will call to the mentioned person/contacts number.
    • Text XXX Mobile and this will send an SMS to the name of the contact whom you mentioned. You just have to speak the text you wish to send and confirm it before sending.
    • Navigate to ABC and you GPS system will take you to the following place.
    • Go to XYZ will allow your mobile to search for XYZ thing at Google.
    • Updating the Facebook Status is also possible in the same way.