Thread: Which Encryption software will be best for Motorola droid X?

Which Encryption software will be best for Motorola droid X?

Hi all, I am here to ask that which Encryption software will be best for my droid X. I have searched for this on internet and there were software for this and so I got confused with that. So I am posting this over here so that I can get some idea from the users who have already used such software. If you have any recommendation for me then please post that over here. I will be thankful to all the replies. Please reply as early as possible. Thank you so much in advance.

re: Which Encryption software will be best for Motorola droid X?

The best that I can recommend you is the File explorer pro. I am using the same and I can say that that will be the most excellent software from the software that I have tried till now. If you need to contain a confidential Folder sheltered by password? This simple way to make use of SDCard File Explorer that have a particular folder intended for saving some private files. Your solitude will be ensured.

If I talk about myself then I like the APG designed for encryption. It is working great with the 200 MB .3gp videos. This also helps to keep the eye on the programs which simply modify the file extension for your photos andvideos more willingly than really encrypting them. If this can encrypt the video in no time then it can encrypt any of the files within no try. So you must try this once an let us know if his works for you or not.

Can anyone give an idea of what this ominous technical "data encryption device" and "memory card encryption" used beneath the hood? Dm-crypt, possibly I'm totally new toward Android and obviously want a phone through encryption so a thief cannot take my data. How is the encrypted password entered, and when? In launching the phone or I have to enter it to unlock the phone? It reduces the swing of things largely or simply drains some battery life. I searched the web all about how encryption works, but was unable to find anything.

Re: Which Encryption software will be best for Motorola droid X?

As far as I know that there are many android apps which are able to encrypt the following things in the memory card.
    • Files
    • folders
    • apps
    • virtual containers

So, any of the encrypting software can just encrypt the above mentioned things and not the whole memory card. At least I have not heard about this. May be new technologies will be available soon to do that. Let’s see what other people think regarding this.

Re: Which Encryption software will be best for Motorola droid X?

I was not talking about third party applications, but the functionality built into gingerbread. That's what interested me I want all the data is not encrypted by default, some files or folders or whatever. For example, my schedule, my email and everything should be stored encrypted, even in the cache because they contain sensitive personal information. It should be easy to see that without this type of encryption, anyone who gets their hands on the phone can read almost all your sensitive data, so this is crucial.