Thread: Not able to change the Gmail password on my droid

Not able to change the Gmail password on my droid

Hi, I have a mobile Droid. I had bought in March. But I have a problem with this phone, which related to the Gmail password. Today I changed my Gmail password and now I can not access Gmail or my phone market. It seems a sign of guilt in my top menu, but when I click the error it shows me the entry of a series of letters (I can not memorize what is called). After the entry I will continue to look for an additional word. I can not get the stage where I can enter my password. Any ideas?

Re: Not able to change the Gmail password on my droid

Yes, this worked for me. I change my Gmail password on my computer, could not acquire into my Gmail on my Droid. I did like you advised and went into the Market, if irritated me for my password, entered the new password and found into the Market and also my Gmail. You have another option first off you will rest the password on the computer then after change the password on your mobile phone. May it would be change the password. Try this thing at least once.

Ok, I would like to recommend you that I am dump but build it out. In case anybody else encounters this, the trick is to press the triangle exclamation mark in the warning bar. It prompts for the fresh password. This does not need eliminating and re-adding the account. They should truly make a password modify choice in the Accounts and Synchronize menu, in all the Android versions. May be it will give you some help. If your will be solved then post here.

I presently fixed this issue on my Motorola Droid. It was not understandable because Gmail does not prompt you to modify password. All it did was telling you synchronize had run into issues, and if you attempt setting up a second or new Gmail account it would not work utilizing the similar username. I was also reluctant to reset the factory default as Droid advised. So here is what I did:
    1. First of all c you will clear all the notifications you expected.
    2. Then after you will go into the setting Account and Synchronize then after you manage accounts (where you should observe your Gmail account scheduled).
    3. After that you will press the Gmail account.
    4. Then after you will unmark all the boxes for Synchronize.
    5. Utilize the hard button menu button to press "Synchronize Now"
    6. At this stage; a notification will appear asking you to provide password.
    7. If you give the altered or exact password, you should be press Ok.

As I know about this the application asked for the password never before! I have not thought about the consequences of this error, but I know that is important and should be high on the list above for developers of glasses to right. I would go so far as to say that it is missing for so long, although I got the message more than 12 months of all this is a serious blow to my self-assurance in Google. I wish to jump on this ASAP. Dear I don’t know much more about it. But you will follow the steps of above posts.

Found the answer. I have an HTC EVO and it took me about 20 minutes to fix this. If you change the password and Google will automatically synchronize with the phone habit. Once your phone tries to synchronize with errors then as noted above. Just press on the notification bar, and then press the error message. This opens the user name and password. Then after you will enter your password and should be good. Then you will be able to change the password on you phone.

If you modify your Gmail password on your system, then attempt to modify it on your droid x, you will have the makings of a worst day, but do not worry, be unwearied. I can do it on my rediffmail account on both devices. But the Gmail will merely let me synchronize the account. Then some minutes later you will find a warn saying your Gmail will not synchronize and it provides you a validation box. After you find that to work, you will be inquired for the new password, and then one more validation box and you are all done?