Thread: Motorola DROID 2 Global showing different signal bar as compare to others.

Motorola DROID 2 Global showing different signal bar as compare to others.

I’m using Motorola DROID 2 Global while surfing I had notice that the bars it shows is not the same as before in dbm. Some time it shows 3 bars at 100 dbm and later it shows 1 bar at 90dbm I don’t know why it is showing different bar and the other problem is that the value of dbm is only showing for cdma and not for the EVDO which is connected. Please explain me what may be the cause of the problem.

Re: Motorola DROID 2 Global showing different signal bar as compare to others.

Yes there is problem regarding the signal bars which usually display on the phone. I’m currently using GSM 2G network and I saw the similar signals strength and even I try with the UMTS 3G mode in this also dbm is similar but its different when comparing with the 2G and the 3G it is showing less bar. I think so there is a bug with the signal bar and its seems like Motorola is giving much more attention in this kind of issue.

Well I had compared the two phone signal bar the one is Motorola droid 2 global and the other one is HTC droid incredible. While checking I came to know that the incredible is showing the data which is correct as compare to the droid 2 global don’t show the same result. These bars are based on the signal strength and even depend on the available towers around us. I think so there is similar issue with the droid x.

According to my research the signal bar are really inaccurate much on 3G then the 2g. If you try your phone with the 1x then you will surely going to get a accurate bars as compare the signal strength which is in dbm. I mean to say if there is a weak signal then you won’t be going to see all the bars as compare to the area where you are getting the boosted signal strength. So there is not a problem with the phone it’s a problem with the signal and it’s also depend on the mobile configuration.

I had check the signal strength frequently somewhere it is showing 49dbm which is having an strong signal as compare to the other which is 68dbm which is not bad and its depend on how much bar it shows. You can get some widgets from the market which usually shows the signal strength on the home screen. To compare the phone its best to compare the signal strength rather than comparing the signal bars which it is showing.

Well I agree on what you said that the signal strength should be accomplished with the DBM and not with the bars it is showing. I was not having the issue with the bars as comparing with the other phones as if I’m in the area where there is strong network you will surely get a full bar as compare to the poor network as there the signal drop usually as in the area where there is poor network there you will surely face the problem with the call drop.