Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Routing with Google Maps requires data connection in my android phone

Portable Devices

Old 29-06-2011

Routing with Google Maps requires data connection in my android phone

I have recently completed with the journey with the help of Google Navigation, cached the map and managed to finish the journey devoid of a data connection. When I attempted to place it for the return journey it needed a data connection earlier than it would work out the route, although the map was completely cached and I had just finished the overturn journey devoid of a data connection.Why does it need a data connection to work out a route, although the pertinent part of the map has previously been cached?

Old 29-06-2011

Re: Routing with Google Maps requires data connection in my android phone

I would like to tell you that this route can be calculated through Google's servers. It is simply not possible for your phone so that it can calculate routes with the help of the google maps. It can just be able to get the routes as of the server. This is the only reason that it requires the data connection for the google map so that it can route the map. There is no additional reason for this. I hope that this will help you to understand the reason for this.
Old 29-06-2011

It is obvious that it will require the data connection for Routing with Google Maps. This is not only for you. It is same for all the users of it. If you do not want it to do that then you can go for some offline software similar to Copilot, Navigon, Sygic and that will help you to do that. If you want more information on this then you can search for this on google and you will get detail about this. See if that helps you in any manner.
Old 29-06-2011

If you require a nav app which do not depend on data then make use of similar application. Donít depend on Google Maps Nav. Not everybody have limitless data in spite of the tunnel vision of individuals within the US that do. And those traveling worldwide don't desire to notch up intercontinental data roaming charges. Just for the reason that Google Maps Nav functions for you doesn't signify that it functions for everybody. Nav apps with locally stored maps were recommended for those that require them.
Old 29-06-2011

I like better a printed map rather than voice. I'd rather pay attention to the road as compared to anything speaking to me. If I want one city then I go to download MapQuest on my computer, copy and paste and edit PDF and put on the card of the PDF. I can stop and study the map and directions. You cannot always do the voice continual. No exploit of data at all. Typically for taking a state otherwise interstate route flanked by the cities anyhow. All you require is your exit, and after that the local map. You require additional directions within the city through the expansion.
Old 04-07-2011

What if the application does not do what they want to do? There are alternatives available that do exactly what you want. If you want to complain about anything, complain about the fact that there are also free. If I produced a free application that works in a particular way then it does not work the same way that some others pay for applications, I would be pissed. And to address your earlier point - the limits of the data is there to protect people like me who spend all month downloading map data and "use of other data."
Old 10-07-2011

I am planning a vacation and am playing with google maps / mapquest. I have learned that if I turn my data on, get my route, hit the navigate then turn the data off, everything (voice nav and map) works just as if I still had my data on. It worked for a 130 mile (one way) trip and back so it should work for longer trips.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,