Thread: Motorola Droid 2 is losing Wifi connection

Motorola Droid 2 is losing Wifi connection

Two weeks ago, I had purchase Motorola Droid 2 mobile phone for my personal use and it worked well and good until today morning. But from morning I am facing few problems with my Motorola Droid 2 while trying to establish connection to my home wireless network. I am using a Linksys WRT400N wireless router. Does anyone know what must be causing the problem? What I must do in order to solve the problem? Please help me solve the problem.

Re: Motorola Droid 2 is losing Wifi connection

I would first of all recommend you to make sure that you have installed the WiFi router properly at your place. Make sure that all the connections are properly done, without any connection issues. Also you should make sure that your Motorola Droid 2 mobile phone is within the range of the WiFi signals in order to get a properly working wifi. Restart your router and then check out whether you are still facing the issue with your Motorola droid mobile phone?

I have got my laptop, my Blackberry mobile, Motorola Xoom connected to the Home WiFi network but am facing issues only with the Droid 2 mobile phone. Also, the only way by which I am able to establish connection is by connection my Toshiba laptop to the Wifi network and then connecting the Motorola Droid 2 to my laptop. As soon as I am shutting down my laptop, my mobile is also losing the Wifi connection. Please someone help me solve the problem.

I would recommend you to connect your mobile to the WiFi connection through your laptop and visit the official website of Motorola. Search for the latest available updates for the Operating system (Android 2.2 Froyo) running in your mobile phone. You will be requiring the Motorola PC Suite in order to update the Firmware software of your Droid 2 mobile phone. Make sure that you are downloading and installing the update form the official website of Motorola.

The problem might also occur if there exists many wireless networks around the mobile phone. The issue might occur as the Motorola Droid might not be able to establish the connection with your wireless network if the frequency of your WiFi network and some other network in the nearby area is matching. So, in this case I would recommend you to check the channels of the other network and then move on your Wifi routers channel to the other end of it.

According to me, you are facing some kind of issue with your mobile phone, either some hardware issue or the software issue. I would suggest you to visit the official website of Android Market and get some app which enables the Wifi connection in Android mobile phone. Also, make sure that you are Starting the Wi-fi in your mobile phone and you have installed all the necessary settings and the required ID and password.

According to me, it seems to be a hardware issue with your mobile. It might be possible that the Wi-Fi device which is integrated in your mobile phone might have got damaged because of overheating of your mobile phone or some kind of mishandling might have corrupted the device. So in this case, I would recommend you to search for the nearest Motorola Service Center and get your mobile phone checked and repaired as per the condition of the issue.