Thread: Trying to make an ViDock. Is this possible ?

Trying to make an ViDock. Is this possible ?

All knows that it is very convenient to have an Laptop for computing. I always prefer to use an portable system that is easy to shift. I had a laptop which was purchased by my uncle some years before. Now to play games I cannot go with the latest due to absence of graphic power in it. For the same I found my friend using Vidock. I want to know how to configure that on the laptop and does it is better to invest tin such thing. Can I make it at my home itself for my laptop. I will use my desktops video card for that.

Re: Trying to make an ViDock. Is this possible ?

No need to make that at your home. Just go an buy one. ViDock in an kind of extender where you can use desktop graphic card on a laptop. It expands the area of notebook gaming. Once of its brand name is HawkForce. This is equipped with ATI Mobility Radeon HD of 1024 MB DDR3 video memory. That means you have an 1Gb gpu processing power on your laptop and you can almost run any type of game in that.

Yes go for HawkForce. They have an online store from where you can ordered. It is possible to choose between four ATI graphics cards. You can connect this with 34mm ExpressCard slot on a laptop. The maximum rate of data transfer on this is 250 MB/s limit. This is same speed what you get on PCI Express card. And it is found that this one is much times faster than the ExpressCard slot. Your maximum issue is solved in the same.

Overall, I think this is really recommended for gaming fans. You can have your lightweight notebook computer with an low power gpu and you can combine this with an dock which provides good battery life when traveling. You will need an additional power source to use this. Obviously this not an option if you need graphics power when you are on move. Though it is small and light but there is a need for compatibility and proper connection.

But there is an limitation of this dock which is related to the compatibility of the operating system. You must be careful before buying that. I had found that this ViDock does not work under Windows Vista or XP. You will need an system with Windows 7 and recommend with latest intels Core i3 processors. The one thing also you must know that you will need to connect the notebook to external monitors. There are additional connection given here for an external video input.

It seems to have some compatibility problems under Windows Vista and it can only be used if you have an ATI laptop. There is a Nvidia version which is still under development. To upgrade a laptop this can be a good investment, although it is relatively expensive, it is much cheaper than a new powerful laptop, everything depends on other features of the laptop you want to upgrade. Go for detailed specification before purchasing.