Thread: Will Motorola Droid 2 and Milestone 2 upgrade to android 2.3

Will Motorola Droid 2 and Milestone 2 upgrade to android 2.3

Hey guys, I just want to clear my one small doubt regarding the Android mobiles phones which me and my brother have got for our self. Actually Both the Droid 2 and the Milestone 2 mobile phones are running Android 2.2 (Froyo) Operating System in them and we are planning to upgrade this to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). So I wanted to know, when can we do the upgrade in our mobile phones? Please if anyone has got any information regarding the following issue then help me.

Re: Will Motorola Droid 2 and Milestone 2 upgrade to android 2.3

Like you, everyone is also excited about the new Gingerbread updates for their respective Motorola Android mobile phones. Currently it is only possible with the Motorola Droid X mobile phone to install the new Android 2.3 Gingerbread Operating System in the mobile phone. The Android 2.3 is working amazing in the Droid X, so I seem that the wait for the Android 2.3 for your Motorola mobile is worth waiting. Until the release, enjoy with the current version of Android which you have already got.

You should search for the Motorola Droid 2 and Motorola Milestone 2 mobile phone on official website of Motorola. Once you are done searching about the mobile phone, go and see the features and the specifications of the mobiles. After reading the specifications and the features of these two mobiles, you will be clear whether it is possible for you to upgrade the Operating system in these two mobile phones (Android 2.2 Froyo) to Android 2.3- Gingerbread.

According to me you should visit the nearest Motorola Store in your nearby area and get the necessary information regarding your issue from the Motorola officials. They seem to be the only people who will be having the correct answer for your asked query. Search for the Motorola Store in your area on Internet. Or you can directly contact the Motorola officials directly through their official website. On the official website of Motorola, click on Contact Us link and get the mail ID of Motorola and email your query to them.

I recently came across the news that the Verizon has updated their Software Upgrade .pdf for Motorola Droid 2 mobile phone globally. So, most probably you can upgrade your mobile phone to Android 2.3 Operating system. Anyways for more details about this topic, keep asking the nearest Motorola Customer care and ask the professional present there to help and guide in the upgradation process, but before that make sure that you really want to upgrade the OS.

Thank you, guys for replying to my post. I really appreciate the kindness that you guys showed towards me to get my issue solved. So, now the only option that I have got at the moment is to wait for the right time to arrive when I will be able to update my Motorola Droid 2 and Motorola Milestone 2\s Operating system from Android 2.2 – Froyo to Android 2.3 – Gingerbread. Anyways, once again thank you a lot each and everyone for your help and replies.