Thread: How to cache Google Map so that it can be used offline in android phone?

How to cache Google Map so that it can be used offline in android phone?

Hey friends I have got problem with my Google Map? Actually I have a wifi connection for lots of time and when I am in wifi connection that time I can use the Google Map to view my current location and a small map is visible on my screen and I can move around on the part which on is on the screen and move around and as soon as I try to move around the un cached area of the Map I am not able to do that can anyone help me and tell me how can I cache this Map and use it whenever I want them suggest something?

Re: How to cache Google Map so that it can be used offline in android phone?

Well friend I to had the same situation but I wasn’t able to do this actually because I think this map is been used over net so much this days and shared very much among the user’s so I think it is very hard to make it possible. You need to wait for some time for every connection to Google Map and that’s the only thing we can do I suppose and I know this is bit frustrating but if we want to ignore this we must get a 3G plan or some other nice DATA plan or if wifi is been used so I think we need to access it with full speed so may be it would be working properly.

I would like to say that it would be really nice if you would be using local gmaps library then this would help you nicely. From my view this would help you out because I have been using it and I have really enjoyed working with it and it has really impressed me, they also have many apps that integrate with gmaps, So they would really help you so you should try to use it out you would be little bit satisfied with it as it would make your application little quick to move on with just try it and see if you are satisfied.

Hi, this solution’s are right you can do them and try if they are help you out nicely regarding your problem and if not then why don't you just check out if MapDroyd would be the right application to solve your problem and make it work as you want. This application is a free, and it has been an very nice application to view the map with offline in android phones .Actually to provide the world Map completely this application is using the content’s from OpenStreetMap. So lets check out if this is the application which has the capacity to take you out of your problem.

Ok I have saw people using the software given above don’t think they are bad but I would like to suggest you according to something which I have found the best and it is AndNav2. Well there are many nice new tools also and which has been provided to help in building the maptile pack from Open Street Maps. And with this you can also use that preloaded maptile pack which is pre loaded and user defined. And you can also pre load a route if even you are not in the coverage area

For Offline mapping and stuffs related to this, I have been using some of the softwares like Oruxmaps, RMaps, ANDNAV, and some others have used, and still is my favorite Orux. Trimble Outdoors has many of the same features, except that it is paid, and in order to cache map, your path through your phone to your work at all levels of zoom, scroll is not efficient for the length of the needs of my trip. In addition, the aerial images, only satellite, Topo, and Street. Trimble though I keep an eye on, because it has many powerful features and better likely. Orux actually is an very simple to for mapping offline .Just go to the genuine site of Orux and TrekBuddy and just try to download TrekBuddy and just use their links to the cut and download your map and I hope this would help you out really very much.

I have some different software’s to suggest you can you can also fetch detail about these software and download them and use it and I am sure these software’s would be helping you to have the things go as you want them to go let’s try using software’s like Location cache, Cache me, Android location cache viewer just try these out and see are they helping you, But I have a strong belief that they would be helping you out me and my friends have used some of them and they have really helped us.