Thread: Need ActiveX in Google browser for Motorola Droid 2

Need ActiveX in Google browser for Motorola Droid 2

Hey guys, I am new to this forum and am completely unknown with the technical things and the working of the forum, so kindly co-operate and help me get rid of my issue. I recently got Motorola Droid 2 Smartphone for myself. It seems to be pretty good phone. But I have got a small issue with it. I am trying to access DVR monitoring System at my work place using my Droid 2. But for the same, I will need ActiveX installed in my browser, which is Google web browser in my mobile phone. So, I wanted to know whether ActiveX is available for Google browser which I have got in my Droid 2?

Re: Need ActiveX in Google browser for Motorola Droid 2

You should visit the official website of Motorola and search for the Droid 2 mobile phone there. Once you have searched for the following mobile phone, check out for its features and specifications. Once you have read the specifications, it will be very clear to you, whether your mobile phone will be supporting the ActiveX feature in you mobile phone’s browser or not. If it does then good for you and you will be able to access the DVR monitoring System.

I went through the Query and even looked upon for the features and technical specifications of the Motorola Droid 2 mobile phone. But the only thing which I came across is that it do support Adobe Flash Player 10.1 and nothing related to ActiveX is mentioned in the specifications and features of the mobile in the official website of Motorola. You should try to access the DVR monitoring System through some alternative method as it is not sure whether you will be able to access the following using the Google browser in your mobile.

As the Motorola Droid 2 is an Android phone, I would suggest you to visit the official website of Android Market and look on for some apps which would allow you to access the DVR monitoring System in your Android mobile phone. The Android Market have got hundreds and thousands of free and paid application which would make it possible for you to achieve the task which you are wishing to do. You just need to search for a proper working alternative measures to solve the problem.

I would recommend you to try using some other web browser in your mobile phone and check out whether that browser is making it possible for you to access the DVR monitoring System in your Motorola Droid 2 mobile phone or not. You can search for an alternative browser for your Android mobile on the official website of Android Market and try out them. Check out for some which is having ActiveX support in it, thus you will be able to solve your problem.

I would like to let you know that ActiveX is a plugin which is only supported by Microsoft’s web browser which is Internet Explorer and unfortunate to say that the Internet Explorer is not available for the Android mobile phones. So, it is highly not possible to run ActiveX on any browsers which are available for the Android running devices. I am not sure about it, but if this is the case, then you will have to search for alternative methods to meet your requirements to access the DVR monitoring System in Motorola Droid 2.

I have come across the news that Microsoft do provides a bit of ActiveX integration by the means of Silverlight, but sadly neither that one works out for Android OS. If you really want to watch the videos then most probably you will have to export the videos and convert them into some format which will work smoothly in your Android phone. For this you will have to look upon the specifications of your phone and find out the file formats supported by your Android phone.