Thread: What is difference between Mac and PC for computer science?

What is difference between Mac and PC for computer science?

Hi I am a student. I want to take a degree in the field computer science so I want to go college and I want to obtain a computer. I am attempting to make a decision between two computers, the Alienware M14x and the 15" Macbook Pro.
    The specifications for the Alienware are given as below:

PROCESSOR Intel Core™ i5 2720QM 2.21GHz
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows 7 professional, 64bit,

MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz

VIDEO CARD 4.0GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M utilizing NVIDIA Optimums™ technology

HARD DRIVE 750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s

LCD PANEL 15.0" High Definition+ (900p/1600x900) with WLED backlight

WIRELESS CARDS Intel Advanced-N WiFi Link 6205 a/g/n 2x2 MIMO Technology

INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE 8x SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Slot Load Optical Drive

SOUND OPTIONS Soundblaster X-Fi™ Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled

BLUETOOTH Internal Bluetooth 3.0.
    Specification for Macbook Pro 15"

2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
    4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
    300GB Serial ATA Drive 7200 rpm
    SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy Widescreen Display
    Backlit Keyboard (English) and User's Guide
    Apple Care Protection Plan for MacBook Pro - Auto-enroll

Total cost (Student discount + 7% MS Tax) $2587.26
    Both of these computers have the similar processor. They mutually have the similar amount of memory, but the Alienware is 1600 MHz vs Mac 1333MHz. I want an hdd at 7200rpm and the Alienware has a 750 GB vs Mac 500GB. They both have the similar type of disc drive. The Mac only has 1 GB of video RAM even as the Alienware has 3 GB. I know that the Mac has minor specifications and is more costly, but I similar to how approximately every feature of OS X has a polished see to it, such as all of the icons are flat and look smooth.

Re: What is difference between Mac and PC for computer science?

Depending on your university, computer science prospectus is different. For example some programs append, given that most of the world utilize PC so it might now be easier. But I would say find a Mac because even if you want you can run Windows, Mac Operating System even a window at the similar time, if essential. Even the hardware is generally better therefore it is consideration that a Mac is better for everyone. I have told you that what I know about it.

Find the Mac, alienware has a worst breakdown speed and are much clunkier. A macbook pro would last much longer then an alienware. Each college is dissimilar; you should call them and ensure out what they need. Your computer science program will approximately definitely have a program that permits you to select a windows license for very low-priced or at no cost. I had checked the price last week. I suggest you should read online tutorials.

It boils down to the fact how to use the laptop and what applications you are scheduling on running? Most answers here are pro-apple, as it does with this query on a Mac site on the opposing, if available in a Windows forum, you people arguing that Alienware PC is best. Final up to you. Alienware is the glow as Mac Book Pro? The previous time I saw at Alienware, there was some very sturdy laptop. I would not need to take them. I am not sure if you have this model fits that group. Select the model that most excellent suits your wants and budget.

It boils down to the fact how to use the laptop and what applications you are scheduling on running? Most answers here are pro-apple, as it does with this query on a Mac site on the opposing, if available in a Windows forum, you people arguing that Alienware PC is best. Final up to you. Alienware is the glow as Mac Book Pro? The previous time I saw at Alienware, there was some very sturdy laptop. I would not need to take them. I am not sure if you have this model fits that group. Select the model that most excellent suits your wants and budget.

I almost certain to find a PC to start this. Okay so many people use Macs But in the world of business and home, a lot of people who use PC. If you are finding a computer science degree to be undoubtedly one of the knowledge of PC hardware and software. Anticipating, managing your BIOS and all the complicated settings and more information about how the hardware. Unless you can put money for a Mac Pro, this world would have no valid knowledge of the PC. Even then, the Mac Pro is not a PC. There is a knowledge you want in the order of things, an integral part of their degree. Much can be learned about how the computer hardware to get a PC. I would go that route. You can learn a lot about Windows on a Mac, but still not a real PC. Hackintoshing consider a desktop. They also teach you a grip on how OSX. That's just my opinion. If I was starting a computer science degree at this point I would like to know about the headaches in the PC side and resolutions before going into OSX.

It depends on the courses. I would be extremely astonished if any of them dependent on Windows. I am a student of a draft of science, but not in the U.S. so I am not well-known with the structure. I have never found anything that could not be run on Linux / OS X. Many other students and a great part of the power to run OS X as well and the infrastructure are basically based on. But we are. I personally would go for a MacBook Air when i5s out and a large external display (at least "24). Specifications are not really important, but the screen resolution and portability is.

I think, it depends on the courses. I would be very surprised if any of them reliant on Windows. I am a student of a sketch of science, but not in the United State. Therefore I am not recognized with the structure. I have never got something that could not be run on Linux / OS X. Many other students and a grand part of the influence to run OS X as well and the infrastructure are essentially based on. But we are. I for in my opinion would go for a MacBook Air when i7s out and a great external monitor (at least "24). Specifications are not in fact significant, but the display resolution and portability is.