Thread: Low memory space with Google Maps in android phone

Low memory space with Google Maps in android phone

I was going all the way through my account going on the Market and it had Google Maps given as installed. It was previously installed on my phone but I was searching that if the current update someway modified its status. While I couldn't take out Maps completely, I was equipped to take out the updates and a enormous space hogging back down to an irritating but much more convenient application lying on the phone. I misplaced the Traffic widget which I would not at all utilize through the elimination of update. I don't know if this helps someone except the owners of the Samsung Prevail but while interior space is fixed that could be one of the primary things to moderately get the boot.

Re: Low memory space with Google Maps in android phone

Normally google Maps is preinstalled within the /system/app folder. Unluckily, updates are installed within the /data/app folder (This is the place where user apps are installed). If you are rooted then you will be able to utilize Titanium Backup to fuse the update to /system/app folder, saving space within the process in view of the fact that you don't include it installed within two locations. I am not very sure but the feature in Titanium Backup might only be accessible within the paid version.

I am not totally certain, but I believe one of us is not getting the thinking of the other. I don't desire or require Google Maps, therefore as I am not rooted, I am equipped to uninstall the update as well as open the space. That is the only thing that I was suggesting to all that might sense the similar method that I do. I know that it was previously installed. That's the fraction of the application which can't be basically removed. Though, the update can be taken out.

Essentially your tip and suggestion is "if you do not require anything on your phone then you must uninstall it to keep space". You must read what the update is meant for previous to you permit apps to update. I have many apps which I haven't updated since I don't worry or else don't desire the "new features" which they have. Other than this "new features" occasionally is codes designed for "we broke the essential working of the free version with the intention that you are forced to purchase the pro version".

I think that the immense offender was Google Maps. But I believe the point of this was to allow others to know that although Google Maps is pre-installed, the updates are able to still be taken out and that will help to save large space within the process, because the updates don't in fact restore the inventive app. With nearly all devices, non-rooted users are wedged through pre-installed apps. Though, they are not wedged through the updates, and this might not happen to everybody.

Some people have received the update (which was automatic for me), saw it was a pre-installed Google application and may not be aware that you can remove the update and get your space back. That's it. No I have a lot of internal storage on my phone and I was happy to remove the update. I thought someone might want the space back too. Instead of trying to find another application to remove, start (if desired) with Google Maps.