Thread: Unable to access Wlan with hidden SSID on Motorola droid 2

Unable to access Wlan with hidden SSID on Motorola droid 2

Hello friends I am using the Motorola droid 2 mobile phone from last few weeks and the thing here is that when I am trying to access the same with hidden SSID that is nothing but wireless access point then it is not allow me to do the same but the case is not the same when is discoverable I mean not hidden. I don’t know what I can do to solve this issue. And the same is happening since the update to Froyo I log into my wifi no longer with a hidden SSID. I make the SSID visible it works without problems. Wipe I made in the Wlan often redecorated.

Re: Unable to access Wlan with hidden SSID on Motorola droid 2

So I've never done it after the wipe. This works well at first joining. I turn the wifi off and then on again, sometimes takes a few minutes, until a connection is available, this also works sometimes not at all. Under WLAN is then: IP address is retrieved. Is the SSID visible, these problems are not there. I can even make the connection with a widget. In this hidden SSID is only just above settings. In the settings, only my network is stored.

I have not touched the in forever. Including everything is going well. Do not understand what to do to have a phone patch with the router. I still sometimes run the router. Without result, SSID hiding and I start on a widget of the WLAN and nothing happens. Wlan disabled by artist again, the router's SSID visible and lo and behold, when I turn on the widget wifi I'm immediately logged. So for me has been always works so that I at the wireless setup a new device SSID had on the router to visible otherwise, my wireless from the device not found and after first successful connection could switch back to invisible.

The problem with logging into the WLAN is also observed in the data connection through APN. Turn to the data connection Quick Settings and have an additional widget APN On / Off installed) nothing happens at first. Sometimes it takes something and the connection is made, sometimes I have to play around a bit APN off with the widget or Quick Settings so that the connection is made. It looks almost like as if there's something disturbing each other. Can someone give me a to do statement I can make? A renewed Wipen I do not see a solution. I've made after the update to 2.2 already. Before, I had several programs on it and could make all the connections.

This is not the problem. The problem is to log onto the data connection. Whether or WLAN APN. It takes a long time, until what does so the credentials stored properly. In the settings is then that he tries to connect to, this does not. Sometimes after a while, but just then, but sometimes not and I have wifi or APN on - off - on and then works das. This has, in my understanding, nothing to do with the stored data. But also funny is that it relates to Wireless and APN. This is from the stored data but completely different. There must be a common link.

It takes forever for some WLAN to connect to a WLAN with hidden SSID. Especially when many of WLANs in the vicinity. I use 'WifiAnalyzer' by 'farproc' with plug-establish the connection, is always immediate. Abortions as good as any I have ever since I 'Auto Channel' in the router and WLAN standby from the phone to have. Turn to the SSID it finds the wifi and can connect well, but it took a while since Froyo logs to it, and went with Eclair that much faster and also with a hidden SSID.