Thread: Installing Froyo 2.2 on Motorola droid 2

Installing Froyo 2.2 on Motorola droid 2

I wrangled a bit whether I should install Froyo me, because never touch a running system and so on. In terms of safety but because Eclair a greater disaster than Froyo is, I am finally decided to install the Nordic. No sooner said than done, wiped everything installed, wiped, gerooted, Titanium backup made the apps again, a bit is set and now I think: So what? All in all, I would advise against a well functioning Eclair to update. What was wonderful it is to restore contacts, calendar and apps, I only remember my Palm Pre. Now I need to update the same for

Re: Installing Froyo 2.2 on Motorola droid 2

Hi everyone, I'm thinking or feeling the nice and slow here just expect too much from too many users Froyo. People it is just a software update that brings some improvements in terms of performance, security, etc. There is no update from the tinkers your Defy a dual-core monster with 20MP cam.I can personally say that step by Eclair to Defy the Froyo was and is a very big leap and finally makes the Defy what it actually should be, a hammer, the smartphone does not hide.

If Eclair then could use only 256 MB of the 512 in the Defy why then has frequently with Eclair 2.1 sometimes even his only 80 MB free on the 512 MB? The device uses only 256 MB and then just have them only 80 MB free? The question I had for a while now, one probably thought it behaves similarly with Motorola droid 2 or the hot spot with the 3G/Wlan. The latter is indeed a function that could otherwise only emit Froyo.

If I'm not totally mistaken, is indeed only one memory from Froyo support that is larger than 256 MB. And yes because the Defy times fortunately have relatively abundant 512 MB SDRAM, were among those Froyo then used for the first time. This and the fact that, the run-time kernel optimized Froyo a much smaller memory footprint make the wait for me to Froyo pretty exciting. Yes there will appear sometime soon, the new Froyo, I just wanted to know what I should backup everything before that, and how it is best.

First off, there may well be that after the update everything is the same as before i.e you do not lose data but after such an update is a Wipe is recommended in any case, otherwise there may well be problems. But now even the individual things. Your contacts, calendar, etc. should always be backed up with Google, if you've set up a Google account ie after entering the data and simply wipe a few minutes later everything is back. For SMS, I can recommend the app SMS Backup & Restore there are still dozens of others in the market. For the rest of the apps are really only a good way to ensure that: Titanium Backup. Hacking of the matter is that you need root privileges for this - and probably the one it is not advisable to simply updating device Rooted SD card should not be affected by the update, it will hurt but not sure to copy this entire content on the PC make sure.

I have read much, sure you will tell me it probably only be able to when the update is out. But I'm personally curious to what extent has improved the quality of the photos. I know the camera can be compared with so many cell phone cameras are not, and certainly not right. I also need any photos that are not pixilated to fold zoom. I just want to easily recognizable photos. I've had with my Nokia X6 also, again, I was really pleased with the legal quality of the photos, but even here there were critics. I, for example with the Motorola droid 2 all right can make nice pictures only the contrast is sometimes very gray blessed.