Thread: Motorola droid stopped working due to water

Motorola droid stopped working due to water

Yesterday I had visited a restaurant where accidently I had spilled some water all over me and the water went into pocket where I had kept my Motorola Droid and found it in wet condition. I took it out and dried it immediately at the same time; after it got completely dried I had tried to turn it on but since then its not getting on at all unless I plug it with a wall charger.

Re: Motorola droid stopped working due to water

I really feel sorry for this cause; I would seriously like to help you out as I had gone through this problem with my htc phone and I know how sad it fees when you get your dead by such accident. Can you please tell me that was your phone on while you had accidently dropped water on it? And had you dried your phone completely before turning it on? And what does it shows when you connect it to a wall charger?

Thanks for your reply. Yes my phone was on at the time when I accidently dropped water on me and made my phone wet!!! It was completely dead then after even after drying it completely its still not getting on! And when I plug it into a wall charger it shows something like this:
    bootloader d2.37
    battery low
    cannot program .
    And as I remove the charger it gets turned off. Please help

It seems that you must had tried turning on the phone without getting it completely dry, as it must have shorted your phone as a phone should never be turned on in a wet condition as that shorts the phone and can even turn it to a dead condition. But as you said that your phone gets on while plugging it to a wall charger, so I don’t think that your phone is completely in a dead condition.

Kindly take your battery out of your phone and leave your phone and battery under sun rays or under open air for some time so that it gets completely dried. Insert the battery again and plug in your phone with a wall charger and to tried to do a factory reset using the X key as this will boot your phone and reset all the default settings and can make your well. Good luck.

I think this will probably help you as even I have personally dropped my cell phones into water for a several times, and have been able to get them working properly by using the following method.
    • Remove the battery from the phone.
    • Bake in 125F oven for 6-8 hours.
    • Gets a new battery replacing it with the old one
    • Get it fully charge.
    • Insert it and turn on the phone.
    This method had worked with my old htc phone hope it works with your phone.