Thread: What is the function of EMERGENCY app in Motorola Droid X

What is the function of EMERGENCY app in Motorola Droid X

I saw that there is an app as EMERGENCY app in my Motorola Droid X but I don’t know that what the use of this app is. I frightened to open this app. Is it the true app which requires some kind of the settings? This app was there in my Motorola Droid X as default. If you have any information regarding this then please tell me. I will be glad to see any suggestion from you people. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: What is the function of EMERGENCY app in Motorola Droid X

I also don’t know much about this but this is an emergency alert system which will give you notice whenever there will be an emergency notice on your phone like amber alerts and like that. I know that this is not enough information for you but it will give you some idea regarding this. I hope that there will be more replies on this with more explaining description. I am also waiting for the replies. Thank you!!!

If it is put to your display for all alerts then amber alerts if something occurred in your area. Weatherbug Amber Alert me alerts by default, so I have an alert them when the kidnapping of children in my area because I had not noticed the implementation of emergency to be reported. I guess it will work the same now that I got to show all alerts. I wish this will help you understand this application on your phone.

You have to open the application (you should perceive a blank screen with "alerts" the title when it does), then hit menu button, 'Emergency Alert Settings > Receive alerts” to change the settings. While the Presidential alerts (really serious things) are required and sent to all mobile phones as text messages, the application can obtain a lower level and local alerts.

The emergency alert comes pre-loaded on an increasing number of devices capable of voice (not just data devices) in preparation for the network staff on stand (PLAN), as it is called. The system plan has not yet been introduced in the public transport networks, as it is developing at this time. Tele-communications companies to notify customers when this feature is enabled in your area. These notices will be mailed to all eligible emergency telephones that operate within a particular area (county, for example). If you are operating the device outside the warning will not receive the alert. You ought not to register for the alert and the company cannot adjust the settings for you.

When an alert is occurred, you hear a single tone on your phone and short message (about 90 characters) will appear on your screen. You can dismiss the alert by pressing the end or the OK buttons on the device. I can imagine a horde of people fleeing a coming catastrophe, while the unfortunate owners Droid X is happy for him, Angry Birds game. I guess it's a way to stop all the complaints about the gingerbread!