Thread: News and Weather report not working on Motorola droid

News and Weather report not working on Motorola droid

Hi I recently got a new Motorola Droid for myself, all the function were working absolutely fine since yesterday but since yesterday my Weather and News reports are not working on my Droid phone. I really want this widget to work back properly as this help a lot in knowing the up-to-date weather reports as well as news reports directly on phone. Does anyone know how I can make it work back?

Re: News and Weather report not working on Motorola droid

Hi I am having a similar issue with my Motorola Droid my news updates and weather updates are not working since last week, as I had posted my query here hoping someone using Weather and News Widget can share their views and help me in my query. I have been trying many ways to make weather and news updates to work fine as before but none of the way worked! Please help.

Can you please tell me are you getting any error message or any other notification while using weather or news widget? If you getting any error message or notification then kindly let me know as that will help me knowing the exact problem with your weather and news widget. As one of my friend had a similar problem but then he found that the actual problem was with the connection.

Have to check your internet connection through which you connect and access the weather and news reports on your Droid phone? Kindly check your connection settings is it may be that the problem might be with your connection itself so try connecting any other application with your internet connection, also clear the cache and restart your phone try using it after that. Hope it will work.

Thank you so much for kind replies, I would like to tell you that I keep on getting “Please wait” while I try to use Weather and news widget on my Droid phone. I have checked all my connection settings and all my connection settings are proper I have tried using other applications using the internet connection and it worked well with those applications, I even tried cleared the caches and restarted the phone but even that didn’t help!

I think you will have to reset your Motorola Droid as it may be that your phone has lost the functionality on weather and new updates, as it happened with my Droid phone sometimes back, and I had to reset my phone as after the reset I was able to use it properly. You try doing same with your phone I think that will help you better.