Thread: Motorola Droid X downloading multiple instances of the app

Motorola Droid X downloading multiple instances of the app

Hi all, I am using this phone from many months and I love the features of this phone. Last night I was downloading the Netflix and after installing that I found that there are two instances of the same app. After that I tried many apps like AngryBirds to install on that but all were creating extra instances of that. This is very irritating because it takes double space on my home screen. If there is someone with the same problem or someone who know the solution for this then please let me know that. I wish I will get replies soon.

Re: Motorola Droid X downloading multiple instances of the app

What you can do is just uninstall that app from your phone and after that you can again try to install that in your phone. There might be some problem in the app that you are trying to install and reinstalling that app may resolve the issue for you. It may also be possible that there is some virus in your memory card. If you want to check that then you can try by removing the memory card from your phone and then install that app. If memory card is the problem then time you will not get the problem.

It seems you have tried almost everything I can think of. What about uninstalling applications on your phone, as suggested above. I would also uninstall the updates on the market to restart. You can always reinstall later (applications, market update itself). Also you can boot the phone in safe mode and see if what is happening there. If not uninstall market updates and then reboot. Hope this helps.

I think what happened is the example of the Angry Birds eventually reach 100% completion of the download and they all stopped. Neither app / update is getting downloaded. You should remove the angry bird from your phone and try to download Netflix again and that will function well. Also in the future to ensure that a download is completely finished before starting the installation of that or starting that app.

Angry Birds have reasoned several troubles within a few Android phones, particularly in multitasking. Having said this, I have both X and I have many updates to download at the same time and have never had a problem. If he could not "update all" in the market, would be a big pain for me, as have many relatively small diagnostic applications installed on my phone (also some larger applications, of course). Maybe one day when you feel more comfortable with the idea that the factory configuration data come in very useful in restoring proper function in the dumps and maybe some problems you may be encountering.

Whenever I downloaded several applications / updates in the past without any problem, I really think it was Angry Birds. I had been thinking of doing a factory reset. And this weekend was the first opportunity I have had time to make sure that all is well supported and such. Making the factory reset as I type. I've been having some minor technical problems.