Thread: With GSM/UMTS Mode signal reception are low

With GSM/UMTS Mode signal reception are low

I am writing to report a number of issues at the reception, somewhat similar to the iPhone 4-door antenna. The phone usually appears 0-1 bar, from -87 dBm to -107 dBm. Sometimes it also shows "No service" advice on the home screen. Anyway, when all seems well, call, I can hear perfectly well that I am calling for, despite the best on the other side is a bit of noise. The funny thing is that when the call signal strength can be increased up to 3.4 bars. Is there anything from the Administrator of the battery reduces the power of radio when not making or receiving a call?

re: With GSM/UMTS Mode signal reception are low

I do not think there are many of us that use GSM phone capabilities. Living in the U.S., I know that my chance of their use are scarce at the moment and does not travel abroad awfully frequently. It would be pleasant, however from my coverage are bad while GSM CDMA is pretty good in some area. You are able to get 0-1 bars showing and make calls not including any difficulty. Nevertheless, I had the occurrence of important problem that calls go to voicemail for the reason that the weak signal is noticeable. I have made and received calls through no difficulty, even in the company of a bar.

The bars are absolutely not a good channel to go, as I am able to also receive calls flawlessly, even through a bar. In addition, Steve Jobs was right regarding one thing in the entire debacle attenuate no technique to avoid attenuation, where the conclusion of a wireless device. Your body naturally blocks the wireless signal to your phone. I've noticed sometimes when I get my phone that the signal strength is relatively low and after you've been doing for a few seconds, the signal hops.

You can enter the configuration manager of the battery and see what your settings are not. Some of these parameters are used to manage the reduction of power of radio phone to preserve battery life. Maybe set it to Performance mode and observe if it makes dissimilarity. The D2G has a serious problem with the reception, while in GSM. Just does not work as a phone. Why is that the phase 2 works well, while the D2G is almost comparable to a paperweight as a phone? Motorola is going to fix?

At the time I pay money for my D2G the phone was not obtainable in Argentina. A month later came toward a local operator and is at the moment obtainable in my career that is Movistar. This is called Milestone 2, which is a GSM phone for 2 American 3G bands, in addition to the EU / Asia 2100 band. I understand I made a mistake. However it was advertised as a phone that was designed toward travel outside the U.S. and to be used through foreign SIM cards as a result it seemed the wonderful choice.

There is another M2 to South America that has the 850/1900/2100 3G bands. From Motorola closes the boot loader and the band, then you are able to flash the firmware and restore the one on the D2G through the one on the South American M2. Motorola make fault and we will not repair. OP asked for the location of the antenna. I guess it's trying to avoid wrapping your hand around the phone so it does not attenuate the signal.

Re: With GSM/UMTS Mode signal reception are low

The problem of poor GSM reception has been reported in many parts of the world. It's not just me. Could be good for bands in Europe / Asia that are using, but when used in the 850/1900 bands used throughout the American continent, the reception is really bad. Motorola has to solve this problem. I hope they are aware of this and work on it. I hope this will clear your all doubt. If you still confuse then try to search about this on a Motorola official site. I am sure that you will get appropriate solution.