Thread: Need help: My Emails keep on appearing again and again as new messages in my Motorola Droid

Need help: My Emails keep on appearing again and again as new messages in my Motorola Droid

I basically own two Time Warner Roadrunner email addresses in my Droid. Inexplicably, sometimes when I can delete email messages, they reappear as a new incoming mail or the same day or even several days after removal. Sometimes, I can delete multiple email times before leaving it to reappear. I do not want to change my settings Roadrunner to eliminate set-up after reading, because then I will not see these messages when I get home from work and log on my laptop or desktop. One way or another, the Droid cannot appear to tell if an email has been read and erased. I would appreciate any help.

Re: Need help: My Emails keep on appearing again and again as new messages in my Motorola Droid

Well I am using K-9 mail from the market and I am not having such problems. Also I don’t use default Email application which is not good at all and it does not have any good features. K-9 has so many more features and works so much better. Thus I would suggest you to use K-9 rather than using Roadrunner because I have heard from many people that this app has several bugs and not good at all. I hope this helps you.

Re: Need help: My Emails keep on appearing again and again as new messages in my Motorola Droid

Not sure about Road Runner and the use of Outlook as email client, but this is what I do. I have Outlook configured to accept e-mail auto manual. Then I started to remove it from the server only after you have clicked on send / receive mail. Doing this lets e-mail to go to the droid, while not at home and when I got here the email remains on the server you get when you ask it. If you do this, you get the best of both worlds, as both want.

First, DROID only sync with Gmail accounts so you must have a Gmail account functional. So if you want to use Hotmail as your email client is good, but you need to download a product like CompanionLink running on the ground again and sync Hotmail to Gmail however often you specify. Once this is done, and here is the source of the problem, configure your Hotmail account to leave mail on server xxx days (1 day tops) and then delete it. What's happening is that mail that is 2 or older still on the server and for uploading your droid.

Here is my setup. I can use AT & T as a client-only email. Also I have a Gmail account for the good of my DROID and careers of Gmail in the background never use it. Inside the AT & T account using Microsoft Outlook for email. Outlook is configured to leave mail on server, AT & T one day after downloading to my PC and then remove it. Doing this I cannot download email to the android which is older than 1 day. Well you can do the same.

I assume you are talking about not accessing your personal email account during the day at work, right? Are you allowed access to personal email at work? If not, you can always do "web mail". This is what I do when necessary. My email client is AT & T. Now owned by Yahoo and go to www.yahoo.com, log in with my user ID and password email and then go to the mail section. From here I can see documents on the server and still do what you want from there. If you do not have web access for personal use at work, I guess you have to wait until you are at home. I hope this helps and keep on track with the droid. I'm reading about the Motorola DROID X2 and light years better than the DROID 1. My contract is up almost, which is wherever I go.

I would try deleting all my email accounts and re-enter after a battery pull hot. Delete accounts, working with the phone remove the battery for a minute. Backup power and ensure that accounts are still missing, back to the accounts. Reboot the phone and send a test message from a PC. I say it's isolated to your phone because they have difficulties yours. May be this help you to solve your problem?