Thread: Motorola Droid PIN password popup for corporate sync even when not needed

Motorola Droid PIN password popup for corporate sync even when not needed

I be acquainted with this might sound a tad fundamental, but if you are watching a PIN code request when the Exchange server is not necessary, have you gone to Menu> Settings> Location and Security> Configure screen lock and protected non-blocking enabled on the Droid 2? If you are blocking change in the configuration screen, the next screen have two options are grayed out. I imagine one of the off screen lock. It says disabled by administrator. I've played with all these settings, the other day. There is no way to avoid blocking the screen.

Re: Motorola Droid PIN password popup for corporate sync even when not needed

I'm always nervous wade into this as I am by no means an expert, but this is the way they understand. If the phone has been told he needs a PIN lock, and then lock the PIN requirement is removed, the only way out of the phone is from side to side a factory reset. At that time, if the Exchange server is not asking for PIN block, the handset is not required. I have been knowledgeable of this, since it seems that the phone must be able to recognize the "does not require locking" of the state and reflect.(However, I have to admit that restores are a comparative piece of cake now that applications get a backup).I may have misunderstood I do that you've tried a reset. If so, this is new to me. I cannot imagine that the phone will show "the disabled by the administrator of the system" itself. It has to be managed by a server change.

I tried a factory reset. That I will be able to try again, but I'm not sure it’s a bug with the phone. At what time configuring the Exchange account, which compels me to set up a pin. At that time, cannot be disabled. I consider this is the version of Moto "distant wipe" security. Which is immense, but it is supposed to be not obligatory. I will be able to observe my system administrator, but it is a Hosted Exchange server, and I've used it on an iTouch for months, pin requirements.

We must not imagine, because that is exactly what mine. My server has not and never had a request for a PIN or password of any kind. And my server, I mean my server, such as who sits on the shelf of 4 feet of me running Exchange 2007. I messed up with politics as much as possible, re-add and remove the synchronization account on several occasions, require a PIN, without fail, and will not let me turn it off. The exact message is "disabled by the administrator of the remote computer.

Once the PIN request has been inhibited from the policy of Exchange ActiveSync, the phone is supposed to straight away go after this. The biggest difficulty is that the phone is the application of a PIN code request that does not exist. That is, the server does not require a PIN, but the phone still for no logical reason. Now, if you have a real PIN request on the server, the only way to disable the PIN requests to delete the account synchronization Corp from the phone. If you remove the account synchronization Corp, can enter the correct location on the screen and change the lock to be "white" (i.e. without a PIN or password or block pattern). This is as it should; the phone is good "enforce" the request for PIN. The difficulty is that still in the Exchange server that have no obligation PIN; the phone is with a 4-digit PIN.

Surely a mistake. Today WinMo Exchange 2007 store. Policy Ex2k7 = NO PIN required. In practice, no PIN is necessary to WinMo 6.1 and 6.5.devices. Given the age of WinMo and all the journalists EAS working with Android 2.2, strong-minded to check Droid2. Similar policy server, as Droid2 = PIN prerequisite. Our labor force create a group of driving around - not work to have the blank screen and then having to try to enter the PIN to unreleased while driving. Very dangerous, in general, and is illegal in California. ask for PIN can be get rid of by remove corporation sync account and then yourself alter the phone, but as almost immediately as it is new synchronization account corp. new, four-digit numeric PIN prerequisite comes again.

Yes. I have confirmed that blockade of the PIN will be optional through a software update in the future. On the other hand, I cannot corroborate a date for this alters. I am apologetic for the proposal hassle. One: driving. I stay my phone connected to the charger at the same time as in the car as it is a good quality time to top off the battery. You can use the setting in Menu> Settings> Applications> Development for the screen stays awake when plugged in and not stay in lock PIN.