Thread: Unable to upgrade the firmware for motorola droid

Unable to upgrade the firmware for motorola droid

Hi, I have a Motorola Droid, which is having too many problems in that so I have decided to do the update the firmware that it has, but when I was doing that, at the 99% it gets stuck, and unable to complete the updating, don’t know why this is happening, though I am doing this for first time but still I have followed each and every steps perfectly to complete the updating process but got this problem, is there any idea why this is happening? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Unable to upgrade the firmware for motorola droid

I think you must be having this problem because of the invalid software that you are downloading, because whenever any software version is not authorized then it causes various problems including yours. So as this happened, after that have you ever tried to do this again? because if you do the same again then don’t update the firmware from the same location, rather try to download the same from another location and then try to install it.

I think the companion that you are using might have been corrupted, I was also having the same problem so change that software first and then try again the same, and it was done perfectly, so would recommend you the same, and you must have the required tools in order to update the firmware, otherwise you will get different problems, but I am wondering because why you are bothering about this too much while you can update the version from your device only, no need to connect it to the PC.

According to me the version that you are trying to install is not compatible with your device, so I would say you should first check whether the firmware that you are downloading is compatible with your device and then only try the same, but as you have mentioned that you have problems in the software so you should flash out the phone and install the same version, so at least you’ll get the phone started and then find the latest update for your phone.

Well, as far as I know 2.1 is the latest one, don’t know exactly is there any other version released or not actually, but would suggest you that you can update this only, but suppose you are trying to install any other version then let me tell you that whatever you do you will unable to update the firmware. Thus I would suggest you the same as the above user like stick with the one that you have, or reinstall the same version and update by the phone only.

Check that the internet connection that you are using is working or not, because as it seems that the version that you have selected perfect because as download it till 99%, but at last it stuck that means this is the problem regarding the internet only, or the server from where the software is being download is not responding, you should try after some time. Or rather I would say use another source, you can download the latest and the legitimate software for your phone form their official website.