Thread: Unable to merge contacts in Motorola Droid

Unable to merge contacts in Motorola Droid

My dad gifted me a Motorola droid when I scored 80% in degree of computer engineer. And I was very happy for getting the Motorola droid and after getting the phone I setup and ii synchronized the phone and the contacts of the Gmail and Facebook. I have a problem in the contacts I have a persons with the same name in the contacts. I have my brother whose name is Gopal Pawar in my office my team leader name is also Gopal Pawar so my phone and the Gmail contacts are saying that these are the same persons. So I am not able to merge the contacts in my phone.

Re: Unable to merge contacts in Motorola Droid

I am sorry to say that but you can’t mount or merge the contacts which is having the same name. I think that this will automatically merge this one out. So I think that you should solve the problem by just adding an initial at the middle of the name or at the end you can add a symbol or anything else. For example you can write for your brother Gopal Pawar@ so that the Gmail contact will understand that this is your brother. You can write only one letter so that you can keep them from merging each other.

Leave that I had another big problem and that problem is with the Facebook. I don’t know but it automatically combines the profile that is having the same profile name. so is there any way through which I can tell the Gmail or the droid phone that this contact or the profile belongs to this person and the other profile or the contacts belongs to the another person.

I find the answers for the problem and I have listed below so I think for the contact of Gopal Pawar I have first go into to the Gmail account or the Google account (Gmail contacts). And then you have to create a new contact like Gopal Pawar@ and Gopal Pawar$ so that in this case you will have the 3 contacts Gopal Pawar, Gopal Pawar@ and Gopal Pawar$. And after that you have to simply synchronize and then toggle synchronize the settings for the Gmail. And I think that now I think that you will have 3 contacts in the Gmail contacts. And then open the original contact that is Gopal Pawar and then click edit and then split and now you will be having 4 contacts. And then go into the Gopal Pawar@ and then click edit and then click on the Join option and then select the one you like to merge. And then repeat the same process for the Gopal Pawar$.

I think that you should do the following steps if you want to solve the problems.
    • First you have to go into the Gmail account contacts.
    • And then create a new contact for the problem contact that is create new contact as Gopal Pawar@ and Gopal Pawar$ and I think that you will get three contacts in the Gmail account contacts.
    • And then synchronize the phone and you will have all the 3 contacts in the Gmail account contact list.
    • And then you have to open the original problem contact that is the Gopal Pawar. And then click on the Edit and the click on the Split and I think that you will have almost 4 contacts in the phone.
    • And then go to the Gopal Pawar@ contact and then click on the edit and then click on the join and then select the contact in which you want to merge the original contact

I think that you can do the merging by just adding an initial at the middle of the name or at the end you can add a symbol or anything else. Like you have the name as the Gopal Pawar then you have to just add an initial between the named as Gopal kishor Pawar. I hope that by doing this you will be solving the problem.