Thread: Require factory reset before gingerbread update in Motorola droid X

Require factory reset before gingerbread update in Motorola droid X

I have purchased the Motorola droid X since four weeks ago and I am thinking of the gingerbread update in the Motorola update but I have discussed with some of the people they told me that you will require the factory reset before you are getting the gingerbread update. They are telling that if you do the factory reset then some minor annoyances will be deleted. So should I do require the factory reset before you are getting the gingerbread update. Thank you for giving me the quantity replies.

Re: Require factory reset before gingerbread update in Motorola droid X

I think that I am not hurting you but I think that it is not required to reset the factory settings for the Motorola droid X to install the gingerbread update. I was also thinking of getting the same thing but some experienced people of the suggested that there is no requirement of factory reset settings if you want to update the gingerbread. I think that some of my friends have the gingerbread update and there no complaining from them and they have not done the factory reset option also.

In this case I think that if your phone is having the any problem or it is not operating well or having any issue then I think that you should do the factory reset then it will be ok to do the factory reset settings. But if you have spent a lot of time on the phone to set the wallpapers or to do the part launchers or to do the widgets I think so that the factory reset will stuff all the things or delete the important files from the list.

From the discussion going on I would like to suggest you that I think if you have spent more time in the developing or setting the wallpaper or the party launcher then I think that it will be also available after the reset option or you can download the application but to fix them there is the problem. I think that the application of the old Froyo should be located in the “My application” folder of the market.

I think that the gingerbread is the best operating system but I think that the best feature of the gingerbread is the cut, copy and the paste option. But I have also updated the gingerbread but I have not done the factory reset. Because I have many purchased application in my phone and I don’t think that they are showing the application in the My Application section of the market. But when I checked it was there. And I am sorry for misguiding you.

I would like to suggest you that I think that if you have done the factory reset for the first time then I think that you will be able to see the My Application folder for the first time but when you have reset for the second time then I don’t think that it will be able to see. So I would recommend that without resetting the phone you can use the gingerbread update for the Motorola droid X.

In this case I think that if your phone is having the any problem or it is not operating well or any issue regarding the phone then I think that this is the best option to reset the phone and the use the gingerbread update. Don’t worry about the application I think that you can download it from the internet or I think that they are located in the My App folder in the market place. Hope this helps you.