Thread: How to prevent the Froyo from updating the gingerbread in Motorola droid X.

How to prevent the Froyo from updating the gingerbread in Motorola droid X.

I have purchased a Motorola droid X and it has the gingerbread update in this so I am thinking that I will go back to Froyo and then update it, but the thing I am saying is this possible and if possible then is there any way through which I can prevent the Froyo from updating the gingerbread. I don’t want the gingerbread I am fed up of using the gingerbread. Thank you for giving me the replies.

Re: How to prevent the Froyo from updating the gingerbread in Motorola droid X.

Yes you can update the Froyo but one thing keep in mind is that you don’t have to go to the check for the updates page which is located in the settings of the phone. And if you have finished updating the Froyo then restart the phone and then enjoy with the re – Froyo of the phone but keep in mind don’t go to the check for the update pages.

From the discussion going on I think that you can do this by just downgrading the gingerbread update to Froyo update. This same problem was happening with me as my dad gifted me a Motorola droid X with the gingerbread update when I passed the SSC exams with 92% so they gifted me Motorola droid X but when I saw that it was like a car which is not having the engine or a man without the heart. And yes you can prevent the Froyo from updating the gingerbread you don’t have to go in the settings of the check for the update.

I think that if you are going back to the Froyo this is the thing that is working on. I think that the Froyo is the minor issue. I am not sure but I think that there is not get any notification for rooting for the Froyo. I disabled the backup version and I auto restore the Google. And by doing this I was back to the Froyo. And after that I booted into the recovery mode and then cleared all the cache.

If your Motorola droid X was previously with the Froyo update then I think that after that you have updated with the gingerbread then I think that you should do the factory reset option this will reset all the changes that is made by us. And then reboot the device but you don’t have to set it up. And then I think that you should clear the cache memory and then boot it into the recovery mode and then do the factory reset again. And I think that you should have to reboot again.

I think that you there have been misunderstanding between you. I think that if you are using the Motorola Froyo 2.2.1 in the droid X then I think that they can put the gingerbread update back into the phone. I don’t know how but this will happen if you are not check the system update. It will happen in any way either in right or wrong way but it will happen. To avoid this you should never allow your phone to connect to the version network. I think that this is not practical unless you live in the area where there is no coverage.

I think that you can prevent the Froyo from updating the gingerbread by just modifying the system software and the standards application on the phone you have to do this in such way that the system updater will reject the phone from just updating. I think that the Motorola will not allow to do this I hope so. I think that you should not go to the check for updates page in your settings.