Thread: How to remove music from SD card in motorola droid

How to remove music from SD card in motorola droid

Well I have installed Motorola Media Link and have synchronize my Droid a hardly any times through it with my desktop PC, but recently I have got that I have so many duplicate songs in the library in my SD card, so I was trying to deleting them through the software but it was not deleting the music content from my mobile, then I though it would be some problem in the companion but when I was trying to delete the same files through the mobile, then I was unable to do that, so what will be the problem? How can I do that?

Re: How to remove music from SD card in motorola droid

I think you might have problems in the SD itself, otherwise I haven’t seen any such problem ever, but you can have the solution for these as you should do the same with the help of card reader, first of all insert the card in to the card reader and then connect that to your machine, and then you can simply access all the data in your card and then select those file that you want to delete. I am sure this will work.

I think this might be possible that the card you have is been affected with the viruses and thus you are unable to delete those files, I would say you should first of all check whether you card has any virus or not, and if it has then as the above user mentioned you can resolve them through a good antivirus software and then you can try to delete those files, in fact I would say if suppose the virus is in that files only then it will delete it automatically.

Once you plug the card then in the companion you’ll see the status bar and together with that mounted the SD card also, so open my computer there you’ll see the name of your device. So once you locate them through that you just have to select those files and you can delete them. But it seems that you have already deleted those files but haven’t updated the library and hence you’re seeing those files there, and unable to delete them, isn’t it?

Have you seen that the files is not being in use? Because if you have the files in used then also you’ll not be able to delete those files, and sometimes it happens like though we don’t use those files the system still recognized as the file is in use, so at that time you can simply stop the explorer and then try to delete the file, I hope you know that but still I would like to tell you that how you can do that, see open the task manager and select the process tab, there you’ll find a process running with the name explorer. Exe, so simply right click on that and select end process. After that you’ll all the content like the task bar and all the icons will get disappear, after that select the file option and select new task, and a window will appear so from that window browse your files that you want to delete and then delete them. And again run the same and type explorer.exe in order to run the explorer again.

I am completely agree with the above user as it might be possible that whatever the files that you want to delete is not presented in the library, I mean to say it is already deleted, so according to me you just need to update the library, and I am sure that you’ll not get the files back.