Thread: Motorola droid unable to charge, stuck at 5%

Motorola droid unable to charge, stuck at 5%

Hi, I have a Motorola droid that I have bough few months before, and it was working perfectly till last two days, as right now I am having problem in charging the phone, if I say in brief, it won’t charge anymore, whenever I put it on charging it shows me the symbol of charging but still even after keeping it for couple of hours it doesn’t charge and stays at 10 to 15 percent only. I don’t know what is the actual problem but I have tried almost all the possible things known to me, is there any other suggestion?

re: Motorola droid unable to charge, stuck at 5%

There might be too many reason that can cause this kind of problems so I would suggest you that you should try to test your whole phone and its accessories such as its charger is working or not, because see it there some problem in the charger itself then no need to worry about and simply you can change that only, but without testing the hardware it is difficult to figure out like where is the actual problem, and difficult for us as well to recommend something.

As you have mentioned that you are having this problem from last 2 days thus I think the problem us in the charger only, have you ever charge your mobile through different charger apart from the one that you have got from the mobile? If not then I would suggest you the same like you should try to charge your mobile through another charger, and it seem your problem is minor and changing the charger would probably solve your problem.

If you are still having the same problem the I think you might have some problem in your mobile, I am not sure but agree with the above user, like you must have to check the hardware including the mobile also. And If suppose you got some problem in the charging IC or in some internal circuit, but I don’t think these would happens but if suppose it happens then you must have to change that particular IC till that you won’t be able to charge your mobile.

That’s absolutely right that there might have some problem in the hardware but I would have dissimilar opinion as it might be possible that the problem in would be in the software itself, so I think changing charger is the good option but before changing any circuit I would recommend you that at least for once you should update your firmware also, because stuck firmware also causes this kind of problems in the cell, if this doesn’t help then surely you can have option to change particular hardware.

According to me there is some problem in either the charger or the battery, and I am sure about this, because once I was also having the same problem as yours, so I think you should try to change both of them one after another. And If suppose you have some major problem then you can have visit the support center also for the same, and I tend to visit that only when I get any problem with my Motorola.

I think you I f you have the problem in charging the mobile, you should visit the Motorola support center only, because they have very good expert team who deals with this kind of technical issue rather than to give it to some local technician, as it might cause some another hardware cause also, and off course if you go to support center then won’t charge you anything for these, and try their best to make it free, but if there is some problem in the hardware only, then I am little bit unsure that you have to pay some amount to them.

Re: Motorola droid unable to charge, stuck at 5%

I'm going to give you all a point on this one. I was having the same problem the last two days, and took some of your advice. I have been using an iGo charger for months, without significant problems. So this morning after trying another iGo, then searching for a genuine Motorola charger, I found success with the genuine Motorola product. I'm up to 30% in about 20 minutes.
    Thanks for the lesson(s)!