Thread: No sound on DVDEXPRESS DX2

No sound on DVDEXPRESS DX2

Hi I had recently purchased DVDEXPRESS DX2 that uses USB ports to capture video signal. But from last week I am having a problem its sound. As I was trying to play some of my videos, it played the video well but there was no sound I tried playing many of my videos with it but none of them was played with the sound. I am not able to find the problem with this! Please help

Re: No sound on DVDEXPRESS DX2

Can you please let me know the videos that you are trying to play with DVDEXPRESS DX2 I in which format? As there are some formats that are not played with it. As it converts the videos and then plays them to the other device. So kindly check with the format list which all formats does it supports and then convert the videos into that format and then try playing it.

Thank for giving your reply. The videos that I am trying to convert are VHS tapes to DVD so that I can share those videos to my family members and friends. It requires a program named as CAPWIZ to capture the video from the VHS tape to the computer, I have this program with me but even though that program I am not able to play the sounds from DVDEXPRESS DX2. Is there any way to do this?

Have you checked the sound drivers? Are they properly installed? Kindly check with it and in case the drivers are not proper or not installed properly, get the sound drivers and install them again replacing the old drivers! As even I had a similar problem with my DVDEXPRESS DX2 but it got solved after installing the new sound drivers. You try this with your DVDEXPRESS DX2 hope it will work.

It may be that your disk is having the sound in it but sometimes the player don’t recognizes the sound and hence it does not play any sound so kindly check the audio information by Dragging the file from the disk to Media information and check the audio information that it shows. it could be seen at the “First audio stream” column