Thread: My ipad is stolen what to do

My ipad is stolen what to do

I had the bad luck of having my IPad heads stolen from my baggage on the way back to South Africa from the U.S. yesterday /today. I bought my superior IPad in July and had sent by my brother in U.S. I just visited. I have supply, while in New York f or the previous 15 days or so and took it in my luggage on board, but kept my bosses 3G "64 GB in the box preserved and packed in my luggage for the trip home. When I came to SA this morning and picked up my luggage, I could see immediately that he had been manipulated and two broken locks. Only the IPAD (and I got a Kindle for my wife) are not, thankfully did not take the perfume and some of the other things, but I'm clearly very upset and up to $ 1500. Hopefully the airline or insurance will pay, other than it is little comfort .So my query to you all, is there any way to blacklist an IPAD with the hunk? I do not imagine you can get to be recovered, but significant that it is ineffective to make me sense better. The similar goes for the Kindle, if anyone knows that. I have the serial numbers of both devices. I do not know if it was stolen in SA or the U.S., but my doubts are that it was at JFK airport and an x-ray of the bags and would not have recognized accurately what was inside. It was almost as if they were heading for my two suitcases and know what they were seeking.

Re: My ipad is stolen what to do

Wow, apologetic to hear that. I do not fly often, but when I do not want anything that is stolen from me as hand luggage. You can try phoning Apple to see what can be done "blacklisting" an iPad if / when they signed up through iTunes. Try contacting the airport authorities they will surely help you or they will pay you for your stolen items. Otherwise they will trace it. Airport is mostly covered with CCTV cameras all around. So they can easily find.

I'm sorry to hear about your stolen ipad incidence and yes, it's so disorganized, but airports do this all the occasion! They should in fact screen the public who work there. I do not know if there is anything you can do about it if you have not activated even through iTunes . Future reference, be sure to keep him in carrying out. Just be in touch with airport authorities they will either find your stolen ipad or will compensate for stolen things.

A real bastard with his stolen equipment. Sorry for the forum members the U.S., but some airports are terrible. Momentary through the Miami airfield is very soon terrible. You can Call Apple to blacklist the serial number, provided you enclose a receipt showing the purchase with the serial number attached. I know several people have already responded to the "How to track IPAD", but I think that was not your question.

Apple will not do anything at all, they have to establish a separate department set legal / tracking just to cope with all the police and the legal issues related to recovery, but it will not happen .The best thing to do is notify the airport police and testimony the information and serial numbers of the devices so that if potential recovered as stolen can be retrieved, Apple has the technology to keep track of serial numbers as they do repairs and yet another, but the legal issues as to what he stole and proof of such far outweigh the return .. That's why I instituted the mobile application to help in recovery.

The identical thing happens to my son last Christmas with a GPS when he arrived from North Carolina. Had left many people with too much of carryon and people at the end of the line were forced to revise their carryon’s. Someone broke the lock and stole the GPS; it must have been an airport worker. File a claim right away and had to make several follow up calls but they do give the $ 240 for it. Value a shot to make a claim. I do not trust anyone else! Sad.

Well, I registered my "stolen" ipad with apple, informed the police. I understand that if someone uses an exact serial number. Devices, Apple are supposed to be able to track him - at whatever time you want. I do not consider that, under certain norms of privacy - but they be supposed to be able to do if the police followed up on the stolen devices. Apple could also add this as an additional function on their devices - that stolen devices cannot be wrong .certainly get more customers! I'm eager someone from Apple is listening!