Thread: Unable to find virtual Memory for the Netbook

Unable to find virtual Memory for the Netbook

Well, i have a Asus EEE net book and in that I am running windows 7 but, but the performace of the netbook get progressively down, but i have adjust too many settings in that but still the same happens, like the CPU usage become higher and all other processes hangs when we run some other application, but i have heard about the virtual memory, like after setting that we can control the performace of the PC,isnt it? and if yes then how can we do that? any suggestion would be appriciated.

Re: Unable to find virtual Memory for the Netbook

I would say you have heard correctly like you can control the performance of the PC thorugh that, but let me tell you dirst like it can not guanratee like the computer will become faster but still i would say more or less differece would be noticeable, thus i would suggest you the same to set some amount of page files for the mainly usage drives.

If you want to do these you can simply set this by the system properties, and that you'll find if you right click on the my computer and then selecting the property will open this dialog box, thus among all the displayed tabs you have to select the advanced tab and in that you'll find the performance frame so select setting option from that and again select the advanced option, there you'll find the option for virtual memory, and then you can set the amount whatever
    you want.

hey thanks for the immediate replies as i have seen that setting after following your steps i got that setting but even in that also there are multiple option, so form there which one we have to select? shall i configured it manually or select the option called system managed sized ? what is the basic difference in that?

The amount about amount of the virtual memory that your system has basically depends on the one simple setting, there are many ways that you can use for this one is simply by going to the windows xp, first go to the control panel and then the system an files and them move on to the advanced performance and then select the settings and then click on the advanced settings and then again click on advanced setting and then check the virtual memory settings that you wanted

hey thanks for your suggestion i actually messed up my notification on my mobile so i could not reply you guys back. but my problem has been solved know but there does not seems that i could have ever solved it according to my knowledge and experience it was above my mind, but thanks to you guys that my problem is now solved.