Thread: Will swype be available in iPad 2?

Will swype be available in iPad 2?

I am using the new Samsung Galaxy S along with my new iPad. I am having the swype functionality in my Samsung Galaxy. This new feature is very cool and I am really happy with the in my android phone. I wish if it can be brought in the iPad, it would be much better if they bring it in the iPad. I will really love to see the swype in the iPad.

Re: Will swype be available in iPad 2?

I too have brought my iPad and this was the first thing I was searching in my iPad. I have heard that it is a very best feature that is found in many of the android features. I have heard that it might not come in the iPad since it is the feature that is provided by the android market and then the Apple will never bring this feature in his own Operating System. But I hope that it might come in the iPad also.

The swype keyboard is very pretty good application and I have also used this keyboard in my Samsung android phone. It is very good keyboard and you can just swipe your thumb to enter a word. It is very good for a normal screen like Samsung and other android phones. But for the device like iPad, I don’t think that it is a better option to have a swype keyboard on a 10” wide screen. It is just made for the use of thumb and it will not be good in using two three fingers for typing just a word in a 10” wide screen.

The Apple will or will not allow the swype in its iPad or in the iPhone is another issue. But to implement swype in the iOS will require some technology to get it included in the Apple’s Operating System. Currently none of the third party will be able to change the touch screen keyboard of any devices that are inbuilt. So to do that Apple has to make a new Application Programming Interface (API) to allow the application that can be included in it.

Getting swype on the iPad would be really a very good option according to me. I got the swype along with my android phone. I think the swype is only made for the medium size keyboard and not for the devices that are of 10” wide. So if you think of the swype on the 10” screen then you may need to swipe type your two to three fingers just to type a word.

I don’t think that Apple will ever allow the swype in its Operating System as Apple iOS has its own inbuilt keyboard. But if Apple will ever want the swype in it, then it has to get some other API in its iPad so that integration of the swype will get in the iPad. But as of now the swype feature is very much rocking in the android phones. So it would be great if Apple also allow the swype in its iPad. But for now the answer is NO, it is not available in the iPad since it is having its own iOS and keyboard.