Thread: IPad 2 unable to charge and sync

IPad 2 unable to charge and sync

Last week I brought the new iPad 2, earlier I was having the iPad. So last night I was transferring all the things from my iPad to iPad 2 and the transferring was done successfully. But later when I kept it for charging it showed me the message that “not charging”. It was just at the 40%, so I kept it for charging it over the night and in the morning it got up to just 80% in the 8 hours. And now when I am trying to sync it with my computer I am not able to sync it. It is a brand new iPad 2 which I have brought it. So kindly suggest me something.

Re: IPad 2 unable to charge and sync

Let me tell you that if you are trying to charge it with the USB cable, then you will not be able to charge it. Since the USB does not provide the enough power to charge the iPad. If you are having the wall charger then you can use that charger so I don’t think that you will find any problem with it. If you want to charge it with the USB then there is a special adaptor for charging your iPad via USB. Also if you are unable to sync then once you can try to restart your iPad and see.

I have also seen that many people saying that they cannot charge there iPad 2 with the normal USB ports from their PC. To inform them all that they cannot charge your iPad through the USB, as the USB does not provide much output of power from the PC. As the PC’s motherboard cannot provide much power supply through the USB. Even if though they charge, they charge it very slow only when they are iPad is turned off.

As you know that the MAC computers and the older systems will not provide a much of power supply through the USB ports. They can only output only a ½ amp of power but the charger that is provided by the iPad will output the power of 2 amps. Your PC will charge the iPad but it will take a lot of time to charge that also if it is in the sleep mode. For you synchronization problem you can try to reinstall the iTunes. This will surely make you to sync it after that.

I am having the Asus laptop and I am also having my iPad 2. When I connect my iPad with my laptop it gets charged correctly. I am able to charge it in less time than you have mentioned it. But I have never tried it with some other computers. What I did was I went to ASUS website and downloaded a program which allows you to charge all your Apple devices including your iPad, iPhone and also iPod. So I think if you are using the ASUS motherboard then you can charge it.

When you are charging your iPad it always takes a required power from the USB cable. So I don’t think that all the USB port provides the same amount of current to charge the iPad. So it is better that you can use some adaptor that is specially made to charge the apple devices. So it will help you to get your iPad charged much faster. Also if your iPad is not getting synchronized then try to disconnect and then connect it once again. If then also you are not able to get it synchronized the try to reinstall your iTunes and then try to sync it.

All the iPad requires some amount of power through the devices to get it charged from the USB. Because all the USB do not provide the same output of the power. It is not the issue with the iPad, but the devices through which you are charging say USB is not proving the enough power supply to get the iPad charged. So I think you must use the wall charger that is provided with the iPad, which is the best way to charge it.