Thread: Best File Browser for PlayBook

Best File Browser for PlayBook

I was very disappointed that RIM didnt include a file browser with the PlayBook so I went out and purchased all the third party file browsers from App World. Here is a summary:

AIR browser: Lacks many functionality like sort, search, thumbnails and the UI is black and white. Still OK since its free.

File Browser: Best one so far. Lowest price and has a lot of features. Fast, easy to use, has password protection, FTP, zip/unzip. Updates very often (developer said on crackberry forum that they are working on network browsing!!).

My File Manager: Simple look which is good but is slow and crashes a lot when you have a lot of photos - it crashes all other applications open at the time. NOT good.

File Manager: Slow, expensive and not as many features.

File Commander: Hard to use, expensive, not as many features and really small text (hard to see)

File Explorer: Hard to select files, small font size, slow loading folders. Has the basic features and looks good.

Clear winner: File Browser by Aftab. All the other apps are lame comparing to this one. The price is good, and it allows you to access your blackberry phone SD card. As a geek, I was happy to be able to get a look at the whole QNX file system (YAY). It also has amazing reviews! Can't go wrong with this app.

I am going to uninstall all the other crappy file managers and only use File Browser.

Post any questions you guys have here.

Re: Best File Browser for PlayBook

Quote Originally Posted by iDroid View Post

My File Manager: Simple look which is good but is slow and crashes a lot when you have a lot of photos - it crashes all other applications open at the time. NOT good.
    My file Manager - Is that application made by you? And doesnt Playbook come with a pre-installed browser? And also you have to pay for the apps as well for the PlayBook? Isnt there any jailbreak kind of things that can be done on the playbook, so that we can have free apps for it? If not then the playbook is not worth the money, better than this I would go for ipad.

Re: Best File Browser for PlayBook

Quote Originally Posted by raul.j View Post
    My file Manager - Is that application made by you? And doesnt Playbook come with a pre-installed browser? And also you have to pay for the apps as well for the PlayBook? Isnt there any jailbreak kind of things that can be done on the playbook, so that we can have free apps for it? If not then the playbook is not worth the money, better than this I would go for ipad.
    ??? I am not a programmer... I do not write apps.