Thread: Audio Distorted on DVD Player on Dell laptop - E1505

Audio Distorted on DVD Player on Dell laptop - E1505

Its just been six months since I have purchased my Dell laptop - E1505. But from last week my Cyber link Power DVD audio (sound) is distorted while I was DVD on the DVD Player of my Dell laptop. I have Windows XP as the original operating system that had came along with the system with Media Ceenter on it. Is there any way to get the sound back? Other then contacting the Dell service center as I have warranty over it.

Re: Audio Distorted on DVD Player on Dell laptop - E1505

Did you check all the sound controls? Is the sound (Audio) Distorted on laptop only or to any other sound system? Please check all the audio connections on your laptop including the wires of your sound system if you have connected any. As improper connections could be the reason for your getting Audio Distorted. In case the connections are not proper kindly correct them and try playing a DVD on your DVD player and see if you are able to get the audio or not.

I would defiantly try to help you but before that, can you please let me know that the does the Audio gets distorted only when you try to play DVD from your DVD Drive, or does it gets distorted even while playing any MP3 file? And are you able to get the Audio in headphones of some other sound system connected to it? Please check if you are able to get the Audio on other sound/ audio system or as if you are able to get the audio there it may be the fault in you speakers of your laptop.

Thank you guys for your replies I had tried them all. I checked all the sound/audio controls and connections I even set them on their default mode but even then I was not able to get the audio! And even while playing MP3 file I am not able to get the audio. so I tried to connect it with my external sound/ audio system but even through that I was not able to get the audio. I am not able to get what exactly is the problem! Is there any other way to get it done please help.

It seems that your audio drivers on your laptop have got corrupted! As you said that you are not able to get audio even through other sound systems. Please check your Audio drives if they are proper or not in case they are not proper kindly reinstall the drivers on your laptop replacing the old drivers or remove the old drivers and directly install the new drivers you can install these drivers from the CD that you must have got with the laptop or download it from internet. Install them and check if it works or not. Good luck.