Thread: Gateway MT6460 Laptop randomly rebooting

Gateway MT6460 Laptop randomly rebooting

I got a Gateway MT6460 Laptop computer and its is turning off and on every 10 minutes. For that reason I have eliminated the IDE hard drive and backed up the data into another computer, other than in doing thus I someway place a HDD password on it, therefore I purchased a new hard drive. I have reseated the CPU but no use. Took out the CMOS and now I can post. I then opened the BIOS and set all the settings to default. Now I went for re-installing Windows vista. The installation went well as well as the updated but again the system crashed. I still not able recognize what could be the issue.

Re: Gateway MT6460 Laptop randomly rebooting

If you have installed the hardware / driver between the time in which it was purchased new, and reinstalled the operating system, then the 'new' drivers were not installed with the clean install. You'll need to reinstall all the drivers that is installed on your PC before reinstalling Windows. if the HDDs are PATA. The flat wires used for connections of 80 ATA 100-133 I present hidden defects that occur exactly an I / O on disk during the setup (famously characterized by huge amounts of data writing) phase arrest copy files.

Probably, at the time of purchase, has opted for a technology that today cannot keep up with the operating system, security suite + all the programs. Among the various things that we might suggest is to measure the temperatures of the PC (see articles suggested above), disassemble the computer, clean it (How to remove the dust inside a laptop notebooks), replace the thermal paste and implanting one or more fans that create a better air circulation.

The laptops have built in a circuit that monitors the state of the internal environment. A restart problem is usually to do with power levels. Most do not think about food, or think it will never be, but they may not often enough, and it is a fairly common problem faced by computer users in general. The power supply communicates with the motherboard and should be compatible with the plug. If the power level is not correct, the computer will not start.

A problem regularly self-reboot may be associated with several other questions too. It could be a hardware problem, especially if it occurs at random. Other causes of laptop rebooting on their own can be a CPU fan broken, causing the computer to warm up on and off for security, the problems of motherboard, memory expansion cards, wiring problems, and fleas on socket.

Another issue, which is difficult to diagnose, is a board may be cracked. In all the technical issues can be frustrating for mobile users. With a little knowledge of most problems can be solved easily while others require an informed professional to diagnose and solve the problem. It's a good idea to do some research first to see if you can save the cost of hiring a technician, it is much cheaper and can eventually solve the problem, but not all the problems with the restart can be done at home and then met a professional computer repair can really make a difference

This seems like a simple problem, but things are not always as they seem when dealing with computers. When a power supply is out or depleted of power may vary. This can create problems and start the laptop can come off and without any reason. Reset logic is causing the computer to turn off the machine if it relieves the load on the faulty power supply. So, instead of the user by pressing the reset button, the laptop or PC does himself.