Thread: Unable to connect NETGEAR WGT624 with laptop

Unable to connect NETGEAR WGT624 with laptop

I am using Macbook pro laptop and I was able to connect my NETGEAR WGT624 router with my laptop and I was not facing any issues with that. my sister have bought Toshiba laptop and when she tried to connect her laptop with NETGEAR WGT624 router at that time I am not able to connect it. Now whenever I try to connect it at that time it doesn’t allow me to use internet. is there any way to connect my laptop with router. Please help me.

Re: Unable to connect NETGEAR WGT624 with laptop

It sounds like there might be some wrong setting either with your laptop or with your with your NETGEAR WGT624 router. As you have said that you are able to connect your NETGEAR WGT624 router with your macbook it means your router is working fine. I think you should first check whether you are have done proper setting in your laptop or not. Try to do all the setting again in your Toshiba laptop and after that check whether same problem is coming or not.

If you are not able to connect your router with your laptop then I think you have to first check that whether you are able to connect other router with your laptop or not. if you have any other router at your place then first try to connect that router with your laptop and if that router is connecting properly then you have to check your NETGEAR WGT624 router setting again and after that check whether you are able to connect or not. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

I was facing similar problem with my router and I was also not able to connect my laptop with my router. I have tried to search the solution on internet and after that I have found one solution. What I have do is I have just reinstall my laptop Wireless drivers and after doing that when I restart the laptop from that time I am not facing any issues with my router connection. I think you should also try to solve your problem by doing this trick.

I have tried to solve the problem by uninstalling the wireless driver from my laptop and after that installing it again but after doing that also I am not able to fix this issue. I have also tried to fix this issue by doing all the setting again in my router and in my laptop also but it end up with the same problem. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this problem. if anyone having similar problem with their router and have solution for that then please help me.

After referring your above post I would like to suggest you that you should try to solve this problem by resetting your NETGEAR WGT624 router. You must be having one reset button in your NETGEAR WGT624 router. You can find that button at the back of the router just press that after turning on the router and after that do all the setting again and then check whether you are able to connect the router with your Toshiba laptop or not. I think after doing that you will not get any issue.

As you have said in your post that resetting my NETGEAR WGT624 router I can solve this problem and after reading that I have tried that solution and I have reset my router and then when I have done all the setting again with my router and after that also I was giving the same problem and then I have tried to do this trick again and that time your give idea worked fine and now I am able to use my NETGEAR WGT624 router with my Toshiba laptop and macbook also.