Thread: Touchscreen of iPhone 3G is not working

Touchscreen of iPhone 3G is not working

Hey guys, please provide me with your quality suggestions. I am stuck in between a very bad situation. One month back, I had purchase Apple iPhone 3G. And within one month of normal use it started up showing problems. I noticed that the touch screen of my iPhone is not at all responding to touch. Because of this I am unable to do anything in my mobile phone. Please, if anyone have any suggestion to solve this issue, then please feel free to post your replies. Thank you.

re: Touchscreen of iPhone 3G is not working

I am not an iPhone user so I am not sure about this solution. But when I searched for a solution which could help solve the problem which your are facing, on different websites, everywhere I came across this one suggestion, which everyone has agreed for and have said that it worked in solving the problems related to the touch screen of Apple iPhone mobile. So, I would suggest you to give it a try. You should try to Reball the touch IC of your device.

The touch screen might not be responding to your touch because there is an issue with the firmware software which is installed in your mobile. I am not sure about this, but there is a possibility for the same. So, just for a try, I would recommend you to install the latest firmware for your iPhone mobile. You need to connect your mobile to your PC which has installed the Apple iTunes application in it. Run the iTunes and update your iPhone using the same.

The problem might also occur if there is accumulation of dust and dirt particles near the connector touch screen. I would recommend you to restore your iPhone and see whether the problem got solved or not. If that is not working, then make sure that you have cleaned the terminals of the touch screen. This solution has solved my and many of my friends issue when I faced the same issue in my iPhone mobile phone. So, I feel this solution to be worth a try.

If you ask me, I would suggest you not to do any experimenting with your iPhone mobile phone. Do any kind of experimenting only if you feel that you are technically strong enough in doing so. Opening your mobile phone and trying the fix the problem by yourself might end up creating more issue in your mobile. So it would be better if you don’t do things by yourself and take help from someone who is technically strong in solving the problem by cleaning and changing the terminals of Touch screen as mentioned above.

According to me, you should get your issue solved by submitting the mobile phone to the nearest mobile store which you think will be able to solve your issue. There is an hardware issue in your mobile and it needs to be fixed inorder to make your touch screen work again like before. So, most probably you will be required to change the touch screen of your mobile and install a new touch screen in your mobile. A newly installed touch screen will start working and solve your problem.

Dude, as you have mentioned that the problem occurred recently and its being just one month since you started using the Apple iPhone 3G mobile phone. So, in this case, you can get your mobile repaired if not replaced as the mobile will be under warranty period. In this case, you must visit the nearest Apple Store and sumbit your mobile phone to the technical staff of Apple Store. The technical staff of Apple seems to be the perfect people who will be solving your problem in the most appropriate way.

Re: Touchscreen of iPhone 3G is not working

Thank you, guys for the help. I also feel that I need to get the Touchscreen on my mobile eplaced with a new one which will be giving me the best performance. Also I agree with your point of not experimenting with mobile myself and better to submit the mobile to someone with much more technical knowledge about mobiles especially Apple iPhone mobiles. So now i have decided to submit my mobile to the nearest Apple Store and get the mobile repaired by them. Once the touch screen gets repaired, I will be able to continue my work without any issue.