Thread: Compaq Presario 6000 network driver

Compaq Presario 6000 network driver

I have the Compaq Presario 6000 and I had lots and lots of problems into it so I decided to format it. So I decided to install the windows Xp. But unfortunately I had faced a problem with the networking functionality. On trying to create the network connection no connection would be created but I have to go through the number of prompts. And every time it shows the error message of driver not found though I have updated all the drivers. Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Thanks to all in advance.

Re: Compaq Presario 6000 network driver

Yes I also had the similar kind of issue and had to struggle a lot to get it solved. I also owned the same laptop and when I was trying to format it, it finished successfully but when new device was connected to it, it would show that it has not found the driver of the same, I just downloaded all the drivers from the Compaq website and hope so it helps me. You also update all the drivers and check it out if it works for you.

To find the drivers you should know the series number. As you have mentioned that you have Compaq Presario 6000. It is awesome to use as far as there is no problem in to it. To get the drivers of this series you need to go to the hp website and there you will find one search box in that you need to write Compaq Presario 6000 and all the drivers will be available to you for download. So go and update the driver it will work for you.

I think you are having problem with your network card. I was also having the same problem and my none of the network was getting connected. I tried updating the computer’s driver and struggled a lot to solve the problem but nothing was working for me. Then I re formatted it again but it still had the same problem then I was sure it was the network card who was in the fault. So I replaced it and it got solved.

Hey I have done some research and development for your question and found that there is no network driver available for your series. i.e Compaq Presario 6000. So you have to get some alternative, and the alternative is no other then INTEL. You will find the driver easily if you search something on to the internet regarding the same. You can find everything onto the internet if you just know the right technique.

I would like to give my thanks to each and everyone who have given the reply over here. Thanks a ton to you all. I have just solved my problem. I was so much frighten regarding the network driver as I was not able to locate anywhere on the internet. But it was a good suggestion for going for intel as an alternative and just downloaded the Realtek Network Interface Card Driver Update and it was the magic that happened. Thanks to all once again.