Thread: where is charging fuse located in iphone 3Gs?

where is charging fuse located in iphone 3Gs?

Hi, I recently bought a new iPhone 3GS 16GB for myself and I must say that it’s really fun using iphone 3GS. My iphone was the top most phone among my friends. It was working really fine till last week but I don’t know what happen with my iphone then after it was not getting charged up nether it was getting recognize by iTunes! It seems to be dead!!! I think the problem is with the charging fuse. I am really worried about this issue. Can anyone please help me where is the charging fuse on my 3GS iphone?

Re: where is charging fuse located in iphone 3Gs?

Felling sorry for you, I will defiantly try to help you, but can you please tell me that had you damaged your phone anywhere? Or installed any unauthorized software on your iPhone? As this could be the reason why your iphone is been dead for now!!! Please check if your iphone is physically damaged from anywhere or not and if you find any damage kindly visit your nearest service center as that would be the best way to get your iphone done alright.

Sad for you friend! Can you please tell me that is your iPhone a factory unlocked phone or a hacked phone? As one of my friend had quite a similar problem as of yours, he had a hacked iphone 3GS that he had mistakenly updated the firmware of his iphone since then his phone got locked by the official server and was almost a dead phone! That phone was of no use then he tried many things to get it done. So is that the same thing that you have done?

I am not really sure about where exactly is the charger fuse, but I guess it is at the down side of the iphone near the antenna connector see on the right hand side of the phone close to the metal protector, there you would be able to see a green component, 2mm or so. I guess that is the only charger fuse on your iphone. But kindly conform well, before you get to the charger fuse.

Thanks guys for your kind reply I am really glad to see your replies. As per my information I had not damaged my iphone anywhere, and not even updated its firmware as my iphone is a factory unlocked phone. But I only remember that since my original charger was shorted so I had got a duplicate charger for charging my iphone. I guess that was the time from when the problem started and my iphone got spoiled. I got a new original charger but even then it’s not getting charged. Any more ideas please!

I think the problem was your charger! You shouldn’t have got a duplicate charger. That charger must have spoiled the battery of your iphone. Kindly visit a service center near your location and get a new battery from the official Apple store as there are high chances of getting an duplicate battery if you buy it from any of a local outlet, there are high chances of cause such problem again. So please try out this solution hope it works good luck.

If your phone turns on with a new battery or with the new charger, and even then it does not get charged, then the problem would be with the charging circuitry only. As even my 3GS failed in a similar way, although iTunes was still able to recognize it. The original battery had badly died affecting the circuit of the phone so I had to give my iphone to the Apple service center. Even I would suggest you to visit a service center if your iphone is in a same condition.