Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-06-2011

Apple iPhone 3GS is not displaying IMEI number

Hey guys, I been using Apple's iPhone 3G mobile phone from some time now. The performance of the mobile is excellent. Everything seems to be going smoothly as I wanted from my mobile. But recently while I was experimenting with my mobile, I noticed that few terms and operations in my iPhone 3GS were missing. I am unable to find the IMEI number of my mobile phone. So can someone tell me what the issue with the mobile is/ Please help me.
Old 25-06-2011

Re: Apple iPhone 3GS is not displaying IMEI number

You should make sure that the iPhone 3GS which you purchased in recent times is not an already used model or it is already jailbreak. If this is the case, then I would like to tell you that this might have altered the firmware of the GSM modem, which was previously installed on your iPhone. Therefore, in this case, I would recommend you to try to install an official update which is available for your mobile phone. This will undo the wrong baseband, and the lost functionality of your mobile.
Old 25-06-2011

I also faced this issue with my Apple iPhone 3GS mobile phone and the thing which worked for me is replacing the battery of my mobile with a new battery and then starting up the mobile phone. So I would also recommend you to do the same. Change the battery of your mobile and check whether the problem gets solved or not. But, I would recommend you to make sure that the battery you are purchasing is an original one. Get it from any Apple store in the nearby area.
Old 25-06-2011

Navigate to Settings > General > About from your iPhone home screen in order to see the IMEI number of your mobile directly on your iPhone?s display screen. You can find the IMEI number of your iPhone by connecting it to the iTunes by following the below steps:
  • Connect your iPhone to the computer which has installed iTunes in it.
  • Click on ?Summary? tab and see all the necessary details about your mobile here.
Old 25-06-2011

There are few other ways also to find the IMEI number of your iPhone mobile. You can easily find the serial number and your iPhone?s IMEI number on the iPhone SIM card tray. Also, if you don?t find the IMEI number on SIM tray, then check your iPhone?s metal case. You will find your iPhone?s serial number and the IMEI number engraved on the back side of the case. This are few ways by which I was able to find the serial number and the IMEI number of my mobile.
Old 25-06-2011

First I would recommend you to flash the firmware of your iPhone mobile. This will give you an error which will force your iPhone to go to the recovery mode. Once you find your mobile in the recovery mode, you should use Umbrella to get out of the recovery mode. Flashing should possibly help you, but if this is also not helping you then I think there is some issue with the NOR or the baseband chipset of your mobile and you need to get them repaired or replaced depending on the condition.
Old 25-06-2011

I had similar kind of issue with my iPhone mobile. And I did the following in order to solve my problem. First I restored the firmware of my mobile i.e. Firmware 4.1 with the help of Apple iTunes. Once completing the following task, I used redsn0w 096b5 to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone again. It did the trick for me so, I would definitely suggest you to do the same as I feel its worth a try. Who knows, it might end up solving your problem as well.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,