Thread: iPhone 3GS shows charging but battery is not charging

iPhone 3GS shows charging but battery is not charging

Hey guys, I recently started using the Apple iPhone 3GS mobile phone. I purchased the mobile by reading that it gives a very good performance and there is always a buzz about this handset in the market. But after purchasing the mobile, I felt little disappointed. When I am connecting the mobile to the charger to charge the mobile, I am able to see the charging sign in the screen but I didn’t find the mobile to be getting charged. Please give me some suggestions what must be causing the issue. And what I should do to solve the problem.

Re: iPhone 3GS shows charging but battery is not charging

According to me there is some kind of issue with the charger which you are using to charge iPhone 3GS mobile phone. So, I would recommend you to make sure that you are not using a faulty charger in order to charge the mobile. So, in this situation, I would suggest you to visit any nearby store and purchase a new charger for your iPhone 3GS mobile phone. Make sure that you are getting the right charger. Now charge your mobile with the help of new charger and see, what is the status of the issue.

It seems to be some kind of problem with the battery of your iPhone 3G. The battery might not be supported in some way with the iPhone 3G mobile phone which is why you are facing the problem with your mobile phone. Therefore, I suggest you to change the battery of your iPhone and then see if the problem is solved or not. Make sure you are purchasing original battery of your iPhone 3G. You can get the original from any stores who are the official sellers of iPhone battery

Thank you, guys for replying to the post. I appreciated the effort but I am sorry to say that I did not find the solution to be helpful for me. They did not help me solve my problem in any ways. I cross checked the charger and the battery which I am using in my iPhone, but nothing seems to be helping me in any sense. I am stuck up in the same position where everything started. So, if anyone is having any more suggestion, then please feel free to post it.

It seems that there is some issue with the firmware of your iPhone 3GS. So, I would recommend you to change the firmware of your phone and install the latest available version of Firmware available for the iPhone 3GS mobile. For installing the firmware updates, you should make sure that you have installed the iTunes application software in your computer system. You can visit the official website of Apple iPhone to install the update, or directly install the updates to your mobile from iTunes.

I also faced the same issue with my iPhone 3GS mobile phone, but after lots of research and finding I came across this solution which worked perfectly fine for me and helped me solve the issue. What you need to do is just change the PMIC (Power Management IC) of your mobile phone. Changing the PMIC eliminated all the issue. So, I would also recommend you to do the same inorder to solve your problem for iPhone 3GS mobile.

Battery charging issue seems to be a very common issue. There can be many reason behind this problem. Either the battery got faulty or your iPhone device. There can be some internal hardware fault in your iPhone 3GS which must be causing this issue. So, in this hardware problem, it is better that you take help of the professionals rather then trying to sort out the issue by yourself. So, I would suggest you to visit the nearest Apple Store and get your mobile checked and repaired if anything faulty appears.