Thread: Apple iPhone 3GS won’t show BB, IMEI, ICCID

Apple iPhone 3GS won’t show BB, IMEI, ICCID

Hello everyone, please help me. It is urgent. I recently started using Apple iPhone 3GS mobile phone. It seems to be a very cool mobile, but as I am very much new to the mobile phone, I am unable to find out few terms and functioning of the iPhone 3GS mobile. So this is the issue which I am going through at the moment. I am unable to see the BB (baseband brick), IMEI or the ICCID of my mobile phone. So, can anyone guide me with proper working solution for the same.

Re: Apple iPhone 3GS won’t show BB, IMEI, ICCID

It seems to be some kind of issue with the battery of your iPhone 3GS. The battery might not be compatible in some way with your iPhone 3GS mobile phone and that is why you are facing the issue with your mobile. So, I would suggest you to replace the battery of your iPhone and then check whether the problem gets solved or not. Make sure that you are getting an original battery for your iPhone 3GS. This will assure that you won’t face any issue related to the battery of your mobile.

Also, I don’t that your iPhone won’t be displaying the BB (baseband brick) because to make calls and to send SMS, the mobile will be using the correct baseband for the carrier. So, I would suggest you to make sure that you are using the right method to check the baseband of your iPhone 3GS mobile. Following are the steps to check the BB of iPhone 3GS:
    • Click on Settings option.
    • Click General option
    • Now, click on "About" which you will find at the top of General Settings.
    • Scroll down and look out for the number next to "Modem Firmware."
    • This number is the baseband of your iPhone.

You should make sure that the iPhone 3GS which you are using is not a second hand model or has been jailbreaked and unlocked before. If this is the case then then the process must have altered the GSM modem firmware which was previously installed in your iPhone mobile. So, in this case you must have tried installing an official updates on your mobile phone with a wrong baseband, and this is the reason you have lost some of the functions of your mobile.

According to me you should restore the 4.2.1 custom file in your iPhone. First you have to start the tiny umbrella so that you can add the custom file to the itunes. You can do this by holding the shift buttonin order to restore. Once you are done with recovery process, you will have to check the IMEI, but as you have mentioned that you are unable to view the IMEI number as well, then I feel that it is very difficult to rebuild your iPhone. Most probably you will have to change the logic band of your device.

I am not sure but I think the only solution for the issue seems to be flash your device and restoring the original files back in the iPhone. It is very difficult to recover but still you can try out solving your issue by restoring the original files or by flashing your device. A proper solution is not yet known, so I would recommend you to find solution on this issue on Internet or you should directly contact the Apple iPhone’s official by sending them a mail on this issue or by visiting there official websites and checking for a solution there.

There is some kind of hardware issue with your Apple iPhone 3GS mobile phone. So, in this hardware issue, the most appropriate solution which I think is good for you is to search for the nearest Apple Store in the nearby area and submit your mobile for repairing at the Apple store. And, If you are unable to find the Apple store in the nearby area, then you can even show the phone to some mobile store which is an authorized dealer of Apple products.