Thread: Need to use headset adapter with remote/volume control for iPhone 3GS

Need to use headset adapter with remote/volume control for iPhone 3GS

Does someone make a good adapter to look good so you can utilize my headphones and still contain earphones and remote control / volume control feature? Moreover, proposal for good canalphones has a microphone and volume / remote control feature are welcome. Note the lack of volume control heard canalphones later removed from consideration. The only one I know that fits so far is the Apple in ear headphones.

Re: Need to use headset adapter with remote/volume control for iPhone 3GS

Well, there are many adapters’ headphones with remote / volume available in the market. I am aware of the Shure Music Phone Adapter SM-3C, SmartTalk Griffin, iSoniTalk Monster, and solutions FastMac. None of them except the one FastMac has the functionality of remote volume control, the FastMac is pretty big and ugly and not well seen by MacWorld. So just see the following in the Mac's website, where you can see the different types of adapters.

Why do you want the volume control on the headphones which is right on the side of the phone? Well apparently, I would suggest you take Etymotic ER6i or future canalphones Sonics FS1 and merge with the Apple in-ear headphone cable. Things look good, although I prefer to keep using my Shure vs pay another $ 150 for another set of canalphones. You can go for either of them as per your budget.

You can swap the headphones for yourself. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube. I have no experience in welding at all and could do so without any problems on the first try. I'm not sure he'd done for the first time in a couple of her, but I did the second time. The welding gun was $ 15 or less. Also I have the Klipsch S4i though the headphones are internal controls and the microphone, not an adapter like the one you are asking.

The finest of the bunch was the Griffin SmartTalk, a real bargain at $ 20. The SmartTalk microphone / clicker module is excellent, a compact block with a small integrated clip. The module was the most discreet of those I tested, and its button was easy to double click when you wanted to change track. Its microphone also offered the best sound quality of any of the adapters we tested, providing clear sound with minimal noise. SmartTalk cable is enfolded in nylon, which makes it feel a little classier than the rubber coating on the other adapters.

As per my knowledge I think we should go for the Shure Music Phone Adapter, which has an easy to use button and good sound quality, though a bit noisier than the Griffin SmartTalk. Unfortunately, the Shure adapter does not have an integrated clip, instead of going with a plastic clip that stands out is in your headphone cable. The result is that the adapter microphone / button module, as a form Attractive, conical, tends to flop around.