Thread: Webcam driver for Windows 7 R116 tablet PC

Webcam driver for Windows 7 R116 tablet PC

Hey guys, I have been using the Windows 7 running R116 tablet PC from last two weeks. It was working smoothly until yesterday, but from today morning it has started up malfunctioning. When I tried to start the webcam of the device, I was unable to do so and the system was sending notification with message, that I do not have any hardware to support the following. I am unable to understand what could be the problem with the tablet PC, as it seems to have been working so well until yesterday. I think this would be some kind of driver issue. So, can anyone tell me where I can find the necessary drivers for the R116 Tablet PC?

Re: Webcam driver for Windows 7 R116 tablet PC

Go to the Device Manager and uninstall the webcam device from there. Once you have uninstalled the device, restart your tablet PC. After restarting your system, the device will detect that new hardware is connected to the system and it will automatically search for the device and the necessary drivers required for the new hardware attached to the system. Once you have installed the drivers, you will have to reboot your system again, inorder to bring the changes into effect.

Dude, you have mentioned that you have been using the R116 tablet PC from last two weeks only, so that mean you have recently purchased the device. So, in this case, as the time of purchase, the retailer must have surely given you the necessary Drivers CD for your device. You can use that original CD of drivers to install the Webcam driver for your Windows 7 running tablet PC. Insert the CD in your CD/DVD Drive and search for the webcam drivers inside the CD.

Thank you, guys for the reply. I appreciate the efforts but unfortunately, they did not proved to be helpful to me in anyways. First, I tried the uninstall/reinstall process but with no success, tried it many times, but still with the same disappointment. Also, I searched for the Drivers CD, but was unable to find one. So, is there any other way, by which I can find the webcam drivers for my tablet PC? Feel free to post your replies. Thank you in advance.

You should probably contact the retailer from whom you purchased the Windows 7 OS running R116 tablet PC. The retailer must surely be having the necessary drivers CD for your tablet PC. If the retailer is also unable to get you the driver for your webcam, then I would recommend you to search for your tablet PC’s drivers on either Internet. Try searching for the same on different Computer stored in your nearby area as well.

I would suggest you to find the Manufacturer of the device especially the manufacturer of the camera which is installed in the R116 tablet PC. You can use hardware manager device ID in order to find out the manufacturer of your camera. Once you have found the manufacturer. You can download the necessary drivers from internet by visiting the official website of the webcam manufacturer and installing the drivers in your system.

After researching about the R116 tablet PC I came across the fact that it is the product of Revosyx xrs 100. But the issue is that I was not able to find the drivers or any download link for this particular device. Still I would recommend you to search for Revosyx xrs 100 on Internet. By doing so you will be getting atleast the specification details about the device and thus you will be able to find the manufacturer of the camera which is integrated in your device. Then you can visit the official website of the manufacturer of Camera and download the necessary drivers for your R116 tablet PC